Our Traditional Charity Shops based at South Street (Chichester), Emsworth, Queensway, Midhurst and East Wittering are currently looking for volunteers to help on a regular basis, there are a variety of days and hours available.
Volunteers may get involved in a variety of tasks, full training and support is provided:
- Welcoming new and regular customers to the shop
- Serving customers and helping them with enquiries
- Processing payments on the till whilst promoting and encouraging our customers to sign up for Gift Aid
- Sorting donated stock – selecting suitable items for sale
- Helping to price items and ticketing, ensuring that products are attractively displayed
- Creating attractive window displays
- Hanging and steaming garments
- Moving and handling donations, shop supplies and stock
- Help to maintain high standards of housekeeping, ensuring the shop is tidy, clean and well organised ensuring the safety of all within it
We are looking for individuals to:-
- Have a welcoming smile, cheerful disposition with good interpersonal skills
- Be reliable and dependable
- Have a good level of fitness in order to volunteer in the shop for 3-4 hours,
- Be confident to deal with a wide range of people, from customers to staff and other volunteers
- Be flexible as you may be asked to help out with new tasks occasionally
- Volunteer as part of a team
- You may be required to volunteer unsupervised on occasions
- Minimum age 16 years (exception DOE)
- Comply with all applicable policies and procedures of the Hospice
Some previous retail experience and/or customer service would be desirable, but not essential.
What can you expect?
- A friendly team who is supportive and welcoming!
- Full training and support
- Opportunity to volunteer with a variety of people
- Make a real difference to your local community
- Gain confidence
- Boost your CV
If you are interested in volunteering and would like more information or to book a taster session, please visit the shop and speak to the shop manager or a member of staff or call the Voluntary Services Team on 01243 755815 or email@example.com to arrange.
Quickly noted that I have skills in displaying merchandise, so I am asked to help manage displays, which I love!
It's a lovely way of meeting people in the local community. A great way of raising money and recycling goods