We hope to re-open our shops on 12th April so why not register your interest now?
At St Wilfrid’s we understand that your time, skills and enthusiasm are precious so we want you to get the most out of your volunteering experience with us. Our volunteers are a vital part of our organisation, quite simply, without them we couldn’t keep making a difference to the lives of those who need us most in our local community.
Are you working from home and looking for human interaction? Maybe you are furloughed or job seeking and need to develop your skills and confidence?
Volunteering can help you achieve not only retail knowledge, but life skills, including helping to gain basic employability skills
Community roles – We have opportunities to work alongside our van drivers at Terminus Road and Chalcroft Lane, Bognor Regis
Do you ever wonder what happens behind the scenes in our shops? If you have a passion for books, brick a brac, fashion and collectables we are looking for help to sort out these items for sale and distribution around our shops
Customer facing – Do you enjoy meeting people? Why not volunteer in the shop, welcoming customers, displaying items for sale, processing sales or maybe you have a creative streak and can help create eye catching displays!
Our shops based at Midhurst, Selsey, Chidham, Emsworth, Queensway and Chalcroft Lane (Bognor Regis), Terminus Road are currently looking for volunteers to help.
We offer a wide and varied range of roles where no experience is needed but full training and support will be given. Why not join our friendly retail team - the time you give can be flexible or on a regular basis.
We are looking for individuals to:-
- Have a welcoming smile, cheerful disposition with good interpersonal skills
- Be reliable and dependable
- Have a good level of fitness in order to volunteer in the shop for 3-4 hours,
- Be confident to deal with a wide range of people, from customers to staff and other volunteers
- Be flexible as you may be asked to help out with new tasks occasionally
- Volunteer as part of a team
- You may be required to volunteer unsupervised on occasions
- Minimum age 16 years (exception Duke of Edinburgh)
- Comply with all applicable policies and procedures of the Hospice
So why not join our team of amazing volunteers today where you can:
- Become part of a friendly team, giving you the opportunity to meet a diverse group of new people and make new friends!
- Gain valuable retail experience and boost your CV
- Make a real difference to your local community
- Develop your confidence and interpersonal skills
If you would like to chat about helping in retail please contact our Voluntary Services team who would be pleased to hear from you
01243 755815 email@example.com
Shop floor and donation centre layouts have been introduced in order to help social distancing and staff/volunteers will gently remind one another and our customers to keep safe by wearing face masks and continue to social distance. Signage is displayed in all locations to help explain and remind everyone what is expected.
Quickly noted that I have skills in displaying merchandise, so I am asked to help manage displays, which I love!
It's a lovely way of meeting people in the local community. A great way of raising money and recycling goods