Our shops are currently closed whilst West Sussex is in Tier 4. When our shops are able to re-open we will be recruiting more retail volunteers, details below for consideration.
Our shops based at Midhurst, Selsey, Felpham, South Street in Chichester, Emsworth and in Bognor Regis Queensway and Chalcroft Lane are currently looking for volunteers to help on a regular basis, there are a variety of days and hours available.
Shop floor and donation centre layouts have been introduced in order to help social distancing and staff and volunteers will take responsibility of ensuring everyone keeps to social distancing by gently reminding one another and our customers when we feel this may have been forgotten. We will have signage in all locations to help explain and remind everyone what is expected.
Volunteers may get involved in a variety of tasks, full training and support is provided:
- Meet & Greet - welcoming new and regular customers to the shop
- Serving customers and helping them with enquiries
- Processing payments on the till whilst promoting and encouraging our customers to sign up for Gift Aid
- Sorting donated stock – selecting suitable items for sale
- Helping to price items and ticketing, ensuring that products are attractively displayed
- Creating attractive window displays
- Moving and handling donations, shop supplies and stock
- Help to maintain high standards of housekeeping, ensuring the shop is tidy, clean and well organised ensuring the safety of all within it
We are looking for individuals to:-
- Have a welcoming smile, cheerful disposition with good interpersonal skills
- Be reliable and dependable
- Have a good level of fitness in order to volunteer in the shop for 3-4 hours,
- Be confident to deal with a wide range of people, from customers to staff and other volunteers
- Be flexible as you may be asked to help out with new tasks occasionally
- Volunteer as part of a team
- You may be required to volunteer unsupervised on occasions
- Minimum age 16 years (exception Duke of Edinburgh)
- Comply with all applicable policies and procedures of the Hospice
Some previous retail experience and/or customer service would be desirable, but not essential.
What can you expect?
- A friendly team who is supportive and welcoming!
- Full training and support
- Opportunity to volunteer with a variety of people
- Make a real difference to your local community
- Gain confidence
- Boost your CV
Furniture Outlets & Donation Centres at Terminus Road, Chichester & Chalcroft Lane, Bognor Regis
Donation Centre & Shop Floor
Are you someone who is well organised, enjoys meeting people and would be happy to work as part of a busy team? If you are then we have the perfect volunteer role for you!
We are looking for volunteers to warmly meet our donors, accept their donations using our new safety measures and then help our team sort them for distribution to our shops. Behind every donation there is a story!
We are also looking for volunteers to support the shop staff on the sales floor - meeting and greeting customers ensuring that everyone enjoys their experience in our shop whilst being careful and mindful of others.
If you are interested in volunteering and would like more information or to book a taster session call the Voluntary Services Team on 01243 755815 or 755816 or firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange.
Quickly noted that I have skills in displaying merchandise, so I am asked to help manage displays, which I love!
It's a lovely way of meeting people in the local community. A great way of raising money and recycling goods