At St Wilfrid's we understand that your time, skills and enthusiasm are precious so we want you to get the most out of your volunteering experience with us.
Are you working from home and looking for human interaction? Maybe you are furloughed or job seeking and need to gain a bit of confidence or need to complete your Duke of Edinburgh Award?
Volunteering can help you achieve not only retail knowledge, but life skills, including helping to gain basic employability skills.
Our 12 shops are looking for more volunteers, why not get in touch to find out more 01243 755815 or visit your local shop to arrange a taster session.
East Wittering are specifically looking for someone to help sort donations, couple of hours a week (between hours 11am to 1pm) on either a Saturday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Friday. Again get in touch if you'd like to offer your help, we would love to hear from you!
Do you enjoy selling items online? Help our hospice raise vital funds by donating some of your spare time to help us sell donated items on eBay. Our team is based in Chichester and volunteers are working together in an environment that complies with social distancing guidelines.
This is an excellent opportunity if you would like to gain experience in eCommerce or share your specialist knowledge about pretty much anything. We receive a wide range of donations and therefore we need a diverse group of volunteers to help us get the best value for each item.
Volunteering for the hospice is also an excellent way to make new friends, have fun and build a sense of belonging. You’ll hear some amazing stories behind the items that have been generously donated to us.
What do our existing volunteers say about their experience?
“It's a lovely way of meeting people in the local community, a great way of raising money and recycling goods”
We have various opportunities, which include:
- Researching the value of donated items and setting prices
- Taking photos of items
- Listing items for sale on eBay
- Picking and packing sold items
What do you need to apply?
- Basic computer, internet, and photography skills
- Experience with selling on eBay or other marketplaces (Depop, Amazon, Etsy, etc.) is desirable but not essential. Training can be provided
- A positive attitude and enjoy working both in a team and independently
- A willingness to commit to at least half a day a week
- The desire to learn new skills or develop existing ones
- Honesty, integrity, commitment and reliability
What can you expect from us?
You can expect to be part of a very friendly team of volunteers who take pride in selling our most valuable donations online. The team is led by our eCommerce Manager, Daniel, who will support you from the start and provide an open environment where you will be able to leave your mark. Our office is based at Terminus Road, Chichester and parking is available on site. You will join a very friendly team of existing volunteers and staff at our Furniture & Distribution Centre, Terminus Road.
What will you gain from volunteering?
- The satisfaction of knowing you're helping us maximize our retail income to help local people who access our Hospice services. Our volunteers feel a great sense of satisfaction when they see the donations they list being sold online.
- The opportunity to develop new and existing skills
- The enjoyment of meeting new people and being part of our Retail Team
How many hours do you need to commit? Minimum: half a day a week