We are looking for volunteers to help the team list items on eBay. Why not help the Hospice raise vital funds by donating some of your spare time to help us sell donated items on the Hospice eBay and Amazon sites. Our team are based in Chichester and are working together in an environment that complies with social distancing guidelines.
This is an excellent opportunity if you would like to gain experience in marketing, research, logistics, selling online, retail or use existing skills. Volunteering for the hospice is an excellent way to make new friends, have fun and you’ll hear some amazing stories behind the items that have been kindly donated to us.
What do our existing volunteers say about their experience?
“It's a lovely way of meeting people in the local community, a great way of raising money and recycling goods”
We have various opportunities, which include:
- Using the internet and other sources to research the value of donated items and setting prices
- Sorting and categorising items ready for listing
- Photographing items
- Listing items on eBay / Amazon
- Picking, wrapping and packing sold goods ready to be sent to buyers
- Helping organise our 10,000+ items in stock
What do you need to apply?
- Experience with selling on eBay is desirable as well as basic photography skills, however training can be provided
- The desire to learn new skills or develop existing ones
- A positive attitude and enjoy working both in a team and independently
- A willingness to commit to at least half a day a week
- Be committed to volunteer now and in the future
What can you expect from us?
You'll be fully supported by our eCommerce Manager, Daniel – we will provide a safe work environment, with training, advice, support and guidance. Our office is based at Terminus Road, Chichester and parking is available on site. You will join a very friendly team of existing volunteers and staff at our Furniture & Distribution Centre, Terminus Road.
What will you gain from volunteering?
- The satisfaction of knowing you're helping us maximise our retail income to help local people who access our Hospice services – now more than ever we need to help raise as many funds as possible to support St Wilfrid’s
- The opportunity to develop new and existing skills
- The enjoyment of meeting new people and being part of our Retail Team
How many hours do you need to commit? Minimum: half a day a week Maximum – 2 full days a week
To find out more or for an application form please contact Voluntary Services team 01243 755815 email@example.com