Do you enjoy selling online? Why not help the Hospice raise vital funds by donating some of your spare time to help us sell items on the Hospice eBay site.
This is an excellent opportunity if you want to gain experience in marketing, research or retail or use existing skills. Volunteering in our shops is an excellent way to make new friends, have fun and get to see the amazing items that are kindly donated to us.
What do our existing volunteers say about their experience?
“It's a lovely way of meeting people in the local community, a great way of raising money and recycling goods”
We have various opportunities, which include:
- Using the internet and maybe other sources to research the value of donated items and setting prices
- Sorting and categorising items ready for listing
- Photographing items
- Listing items on eBay
- Wrapping and packing sold goods ready to be sent to buyers
What do you need to apply?
- Experience with selling on eBay is desirable as well as basic photography skills, however training can be provided
- The desire to learn new skills or develop existing ones
- A positive attitude and enjoy working both in a team and independently
- A willingness to commit to at least half a day a week
You'll be fully supported by our eBay Manager – we will provide training, advice, support and guidance. Our eBay office is based at Terminus Road, Chichester and parking is available on site. You will join a very friendly Furniture & Distribution Centre team of staff and volunteers.
What will you gain from volunteering?
- The satisfaction of knowing you're helping us maximise our retail income to help local people who access our Hospice services
- The opportunity to develop new and existing skills
- The enjoyment of meeting new people and being part of our Retail Team
How many hours do you need to commit? Minimum: half a day a week Maximum – 2 full days a week
To find out more contact Emma, Voluntary Services Manager 01243 755815 email@example.com