Help the hospice raise vital funds by donating some of your spare time to help us sell donated items online.
This is an excellent opportunity if you would like to gain experience in eCommerce or share your specialist knowledge about pretty much anything. We receive a wide range of donations and therefore we need a diverse group of volunteers to help us get the best value for each item.
Volunteering for the hospice is also an excellent way to make new friends, have fun and build a sense of belonging. You’ll hear some amazing stories behind the items that have been generously donated to us.
What do our existing volunteers say about their experience?
“It’s a lovely way of meeting people in the local community, a great way of raising money and recycling goods”
We have various opportunities, which include:
- Researching the value of donated items and setting prices
- Taking photographs of items
- Listing items for sale on eBay and other marketplaces
- Picking and packing sold items
What do you need to apply?
- Basic computer, internet, and photography skills
- Experience with selling on eBay or other marketplaces (Depop, Amazon, Etsy, etc.) are desirable but not essential. Training can be provided
- A positive attitude and enjoy working both in a team and independently
- A willingness to commit to at least half a day a week
- The desire to learn new skills or develop existing ones
- Honesty, integrity, commitment, and reliability
What can you expect from us?
You can expect to be part of a very friendly team of volunteers who take pride in selling our most valuable donations online. The team is led by our eCommerce Manager, Daniel, who will support you from the start and provide an open environment where you will be able to leave your mark. Our office is based at Terminus Road, Chichester and parking are available on site. You will join a very friendly team of existing volunteers and staff at our Furniture & Distribution Centre, Terminus Road.
What will you gain from volunteering?
- The satisfaction of knowing you’re helping us maximize our retail income to help local people who access our Hospice services. Our volunteers feel a great sense of satisfaction when they see the donations they list being sold online.
- The opportunity to develop new and existing skills
- The enjoyment of meeting new people and being part of our Retail Team
How many hours do you need to commit? Any time you give will be appreciated, the team works Monday to Friday