Exciting new opportunity! Join our new Stock Selection team -Terminus Road, Chichester
This is a great opportunity to join a new exciting Stock Selection Team at our Donation Centre based in Terminus Road, Chichester.
Could you help us ensure the right stock is sorted, gathered and dispatched to our 12 shops and e-Commerce team across our catchment area?
Interested? Do you have these skills?
- Great organisation skills to organise stock in a timely and logical manner, ensuring care is taken to minimise damage and achieve best returns
- With the appropriate training can identify donated items that would suit each of our local community shops or to be sold by our e-Commerce team
- Knowledge and previous experience with clothing brands and labels
- Have an interest in clothes and bric-a-brac
- Be able to use on initiative
- Be able to remain calm, patient and confident when dealing with a range of different people
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and a positive attitude
- Be dedicated, reliable and punctual
- Have a good level of fitness in order to volunteer in the shop for 3-4 hours
- Be a pro-active member of the team
- Will comply with all applicable policies and procedures of the Hospice
What can you expect?
- Connect with a friendly team who is supportive and welcoming!
- Full training and support
- Free on-site parking
- Opportunity to volunteer alongside a diverse team
- Make a real difference to your local community and raise vital funds for St Wilfrid’s
We are ideally looking for individuals who can volunteer at least half a day a week (Monday to Friday). However, we are highly flexible and would be happy to adapt this to suit the individual.
As part of a team everyone will have a different ‘eye’ for stock and we believe this will really help inject variety into the stock we are sending out to the shops.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity further before applying please contact the Voluntary Services team on 01243 755816 or maybe pop into Terminus Road and ask to speak to our Shop Manager Rachael to arrange a Taster Session. We look forward to welcoming you!