Bank Registered Nurse Band 5
Want to make a difference to Local Lives?
We are an independent local charity based in Bosham, Chichester offering a wide range of services to support our patients, and their loved ones, who are living with a life limiting or terminal illness.
The work we do makes a real difference to the lives of local people and we support over 330 patients at any one time between our In Patient Unit and Community teams.
We have exciting opportunities for Bank Registered Nurses to join our IPU team.
Why join us as a Bank Registered Nurse?
As a Bank Registered Nurse at St Wilfrid’s you will have the time to listen and understand the individual needs and wishes of our patients and their loved ones, making sure each one gets the care they deserve and helping them achieve the best quality of life for as long as possible.
“Working for St Wilfrid’s has given me the opportunity to undertake additional training and education to broaden my skillset, work with a great team with lots of new challenges as every patient’s needs are different. I would recommend it.Nathan Lasham, Specialist Practitioner
It’s lovely to see the standard of care that the team deliver, it’s such a high standard of care. Staff really do care about their patients and it’s so supportive”
Read Nathan’s story, and others, at https://stwh.co.uk/stories/working-at-the-hospice-nathan-lasham/
Being a Bank Registered Nurse at St Wilfrid’s
As a Bank Registered Nurse, you’ll be working with a team that supports patients and their loved ones by delivering the highest standard of palliative care.
You’ll have the time to do what really matters and makes a difference to the patients. Part of this will be providing quality experiences to patients, such as a jacuzzi bath, a movie night sleep over or making a memory box.
We receive wonderful feedback from some of our patients’ families that highlights why we do this; ‘thank you for all the love support and care you gave to our Dad, who loved the garden, and to us as a family. You all made some of the most difficult times more bearable and gave us some truly wonderful memories that we will cherish and never forget’.
Working on the Inpatient Unit, you will also learn new clinical skills. For example how to use complementary therapy and holistic support alongside complex medication regimes to manage patients’ challenging physical and psychological symptoms
We encourage you to come and have a look around our Hospice and see the great facilities we are offering. All patients have individual rooms leading out to our gardens and it is a lovely environment for both patients and staff.
We would love to receive applications from Registered Nurses with post registration experience in cancer, palliative care or similar. We are also welcoming applications from newly registered nurses who will be supported by the team to develop their clinical practice and knowledge.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion at St Wilfrid’s
We value diversity and are committed to being a place where people feel their differences are recognised and welcomed, and their needs are heard and respected.
Creating an inclusive workplace is a core part of our aim to ensure St Wilfrid’s is a great place to work and a compassionate and caring place to be.
Qualifications and Experience
- Registered Nurse (Essential)
- Relevant degree/diploma or equivalent qualifications (Essential)
- Appropriately registered with the NMC Part 1 Registration (Essential)
- Palliative Care experience or experience in an equivalent area such as Cancer or Elderly Care (Desirable)
- Right to work in the UK
What we offer you
We offer all Bank Hospice employees the following benefits:
- Annual Leave – An equivalent to our generous holiday entitlement starting at 27 days per year plus bank holidays. This increases with service
- Healthcare – Access to a contributory health plan for you and family members that includes eyecare and physiotherapy
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) – Access to free and confidential Virtual GP Advice, Counselling and Legal Support
- Continuation of existing NHS Pension Scheme Membership – And recognition of reckonable service for certain benefits
- Generous Pension – With 7.5% employer contribution for staff not in the NHS pension scheme
- Life Assurance Scheme – Should the worst happen while you’re working with us, your loved ones will receive a lump sum payment equal to two times your salary (or the NHS Life Assurance Scheme if applicable)
- Free on site parking – At our beautiful, purpose built Hospice in Bosham
- Subsidised food – Our catering staff provide a range of high quality meals at low prices for all staff members when on site at the Hospice
- Staff discount – In all our community charity shops and eligibility for the Blue Light Card discount scheme
How to apply
Alternatively, please complete our Hospice Application Form (Section A and B) and return to:
Please note this vacancy may close early if sufficient applications have been received