St Wilfrid’s Hospice cares for patients and their families all day, every day of the year. So while we’re enjoying spending time with our families and loved ones over Christmas, our nurses, chefs and housekeeping staff will all be doing their bit to care for patients and help them and their families have the best Christmas possible.
“Last Christmas my dear Dad died at St Wilfrid’s. They cared for Dad – and for us – making sure that we could spend one last special Christmas together with him”
It will cost £46,536 to keep St Wilfrid’s inpatient ward running over Christmas week and we need YOUR support to help us pay for it.
Sign your company up to the Christmas Care 24-7 appeal, today and have some fun while making a difference for patients and their families.
Need a bit of inspiration? Here’s a few ideas to get your own Christmas creativity kick-started!
- Hold a Christmas Mufti Day; come to work in your funniest, snowiest, elfiest Christmassy clothes, jumpers, hats, earrings or tinsel, in exchange for a donation.
- Rather than sending Christmas Cards to your customers, clients or colleagues, make a donation for what you would have spent and send your Christmas wishes as a social media post – tell them you’re supporting St Wilfrid’s and maybe they will too – double the benefit!
- Hold a Christmas Bake Sale (you can never eat too many mince pies!) and donate the proceeds.
- Guess the Santa Selfie! Get everyone to take on a Santa or Elf disguise and take a selfie; post the pictures on a Santa Selfie Wall in your staff room. Get people to make a donation to guess who’s who!
- Hold a Christmas Quiz.
- Have a Seasonal Sweepstakes - how quickly can you eat three mince pies?
- Set a sporty sponsored Christmas challenge.
- Staff Christmas Parties are a great place to have fun and raise funds. How about holding an auction of promises at yours?
£600 will pay for lunch on Christmas Day
£3,324 will fund the cost of one bed on our ward for Christmas Week
£500 will keep our Hospice immaculately clean on Christmas Day
£1,300 will pay for one nurse for Christmas Week
£2,385 will cover the cost for a full complement of nurses and health care assistants on Christmas Day and Night.
A Christmas present for you!
We are hugely grateful to all the corporate supporters that get involved in the Christmas Care 24-7 appeal. As a special thank you to each company which commits to raise £500+ we will:
- Feature your company name in press releases and social media activity over the festive season
- Feature your company name and logo on a festive thank you board in the Hospice during the festive season
- Feature your company name and logo on a festive thank you banner on the St Wilfrid’s website over the Christmas week.
- Provide you with a thank you certificate to display in your workplace
It is really easy to take part in our Christmas Care 24-7 Appeal - it couldn’t be simpler, in fact!
- Email email@example.com or call 01243 775302 to let us know who you are and what your target is.
- You can download everything you need from our Festive Fundraising Pack here
- If you are raising over £500, send me your company logo and we will feature you in our Christmas Care 24-7 marketing activity
- Do your fundraising, have fun and make your donation
- You can send your money by bank transfer (phone us for our bank details) or send us a cheque.
- We will send you a certificate to display in your workplace to show that you have helped us stay open over Christmas.