"Celebrating the legacy for cycling created by the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games, Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100 starts in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, then follows a 100-mile route on closed roads through the capital and into Surrey’s stunning countryside".
Want to join #TeamWilf?
Would you like to make a difference to local lives and ride for St Wilfrid's Hospice? Whether you have your own place, or would like to apply for one of our ten charity places, we want to help you every step of the way.
How do I apply for a charity place?
Event Date: 4th August 2019
Fundraising Target: £500
To book you place on #TeamWilf register below before Friday 25th May.
Important Note: All participants in the Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100 and the Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 46 must register at the Prudential RideLondon Cycling Show to collect their registration pack that is required to start the event. Please see FAQ for further details (at bottom of this page).
Any questions please call 01243 755827 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your entry includes
Your very own St Wilfrid’s Hospice Cycling Jersey when you raise over £350.
- After event celebratory party at the Hospice
- Traffic free and closed road sections on the route, including extended sections within London
- Free water and nutrition stops
- Fully supported route including medical support and mechanical support
- Exclusive Prudential Ride London 100 medal
- Pre event support for training and fundraising
- Regular updates, including a welcome and rider pack, crammed with event information and fundraising support
Rider and bike transfer service
St Wilfrid's is offering our very own travel support plan for cyclists. Allowing bikers and their bikes to be collected from the Bosham Hospice (where parking will be available) on 4th August travel by people carrier to Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park (QEOP) – formerly the Olympic Park – in Stratford. They will then be transported back again from the finishing line at the Mall back to Bosham. (Times to be confirmed along with pick up/drop off points two weeks prior to the event). This service costs just £30. Out thanks to Blentworth trailers and Starline Mini Cabs for providing this service.
For further details please contact Hannah Presgrave on 01243 755181 or email email@example.com
Terms and Conditions
All rider information is available here, but important points are below.
- The following bicycles are permitted (see rider info):
- Standard road and hybrid bicycles
- Single-speed (both fixed and freewheel) bicycles are allowed as long as they have suitable brakes
- Mountain bikes are allowed – although please use slick tyres to conserve energy
- Race must be completed in 8 and a half hours
All participants in the Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100 must register at the Prudential Ride London Cycling Show to collect their registration pack that is required to start the event. The cycling show is on 3-4 August 2019 where you can get free samples, training advice, attend talks.
If you cannot attend the Prudential Ride London Cycling show you will need to nominate someone else to go on your behalf. Details on how to do this will be sent to you after registration.
- How do I get to the start of the cycle?
Ride London have put in place arrangements that will ensure the 25,000 riders and their bikes reach the Start on time on 4 August and get home afterwards. The start of the ride is between 05:45-09:45 at Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park (QEOP) – formerly the Olympic Park – in Stratford.
The options available to participants include Park & Ride locations around Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park and midway between the Start and the Finish. There will also be nominated drop-off points where participants and bikes can be dropped off by car. Full details will be emailed to participants in early July 2019.
You will be notified of individual start times by email by the beginning of July 2019. Faster riders are given earlier start times to minimise the need for overtaking and spread the field. All riders in the Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100 have up to eight-and-a-half hours to complete the ride. Please note it is not possible to change your allocated start time.
Riders must plan travel carefully to ensure they arrive at the Start in good time for their assigned start time as it will not be possible to start in a later wave. No riders will be able to start after the last wave at 09:45. There will be no parking on the day within Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park or at Westfield, Stratford.
Rider and bike transfer service
St Wilfrid's is offering our very own travel support plan for cyclists. Allowing bikers and their bikes to be collected from the Bosham Hospice (where parking will be available) on 4th August travel by people carrier to Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park (QEOP) – formerly the Olympic Park – in Stratford. They will then be transported back again from the finishing line at the Mall back to Bosham. (Times to be confirmed along with pick up/drop off points two weeks prior to the event). This service costs just £30. Our thanks to Blentworth trailers and Starline Mini Cabs.
Final Instructions information will be sent to all participants in July. It is strongly recommended that family and friends do not accompany participants to the Start of the Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100. Spectators are welcome in Horse Guards Parade to enjoy the start of the Prudential RideLondon-Surrey Classic at 13:40.
The below terms and conditions are applicable to any participant who:
- has registered for an official St Wilfrid’s Hospice charity place in a cycling event and,
- is interested in St Wilfrid’s Hospice organised transport to and/or from an event with a bike
If a participant is taking part in the cycling event, St Wilfrid’s Hospice will include transport option at a cost of £30. Allocation will be prioritised to charity riders first.
If you have obtained your own place and are fundraising on behalf of St Wilfrid’s Hospice we will try and accommodate on said transport- however this is not guaranteed.
To secure a place on St Wilfrid’s Hospice organised transport:
- To secure your place we require you to agree to the terms and conditions, register online and pay the transports fee.
- Transport will be provided by Star Line mini cabs.
Terms and conditions
- There are sufficient transport places for all charity cycling participants who are riding for St Wilfrid’s Hospice in an official charity place for a fee of £30. This fee is not a donation and it is non-refundable. There is no room for family or friends of riders, they must organise their own travel to support riders.
- Transport includes travel for participants and their bikes from the hospice (located in Bosham) to a designated drop off point for the official cycling event.
- Transport is provided by a third party ‘Starline’
- Bikes will be travelling on a trailer behind the transport vehicle this is an enclosed trailer with locks.
- St Wilfrid’s Hospice cannot be held liable for damages to riders’ bikes and/or other personal belongings during transportation – it is recommended that riders have personal insurance for themselves and their bikes for all cycling events. See also terms and conditions for the cycle challenge you have signed up to.
- St Wilfrid’s Hospice will plan transport with enough time for riders to arrive for the cycling event but cannot be held responsible for traffic or other delays that may happen occur.
- Outward journey: All riders are expected to be on time for the transport to ensure all participants arrive at the event drop off in time for the event start times. Transport will leave on time and any riders who miss the pick up will have to make their own way to the event.
- Homeward journey: All riders are expected to be on time for the transport to ensure all participants arrive home on time. Transport will leave on time and any riders who miss the pick up will have to make their own way to the Hospice.
- Riders will be travelling together in the transport, and won’t always be accompanied by St Wilfrid’s Hospice employees.
- St Wilfrid’s Hospice reserves the right to refuse transport to riders if their behaviour is deemed inappropriate or unacceptable.
If you cancel your place in the cycling event less than 4 weeks before the date you are booked on that your transport costs will not be refunded unless St Wilfrid’s Hospice is able to replace the cost of the booking with another rider.
Your details and Data Protection:
- We will store your personal details, as provided on your registration, securely on our database. Please
be aware that we will need to contact you with regards to this event however, outside of this correspondence, we would like to keep you informed about our work with terminally-ill people. You can choose to hear from us in a variety of ways or opt-out of further correspondence, by emailing us your preferences at: firstname.lastname@example.org.