After careful consideration St Wilfrid’s Hospice has taken the decision to postpone Moonlight Walk 2020 in light of the impact of the COVID-19 outbreak, and this special event is now scheduled to take place on 5th September 2020.
We have decided the responsible decision is to postpone Moonlight Walk until a time when we can be more confident of ensuring this special remembrance event that means so much to so many can take place when as many of our cherished supporters and volunteers are able to take part as possible.
We know that many of you are looking forward to this event and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. We hope you understand the reasoning behind this postponement and hope you are able join us on our new scheduled date of Saturday 5th September 2020 for your walk.
Be a star for St Wilfrid's Hospice!
Join #TeamWilf is now scheduled for Saturday 5th September at 10pm for a 5 or 10 mile sponsored walk through the night.
- Walk to remember a loved one
- Walk for the challenge
- Walk with family and friends
- Walk to show you care
Entry for the Walk includes:
- Unique 2020 t-shirt
- Tasty refreshments on the walk
- Danish pastry breakfast after crossing the finish line
Over 12 years you have made the Moonlight Walk truly special and helped raise vital funds for local hospice care.
Last year walkers raised £115,000 and we are hoping to set a new record this year - will you be part of the 2020 Moonlight Walk and help?
If you raise £220 in this 2020 year you will receive a new edition 'Super star walker' Hoodie. Plus there will be new prizes for the top 3 teams and the top 3 best individual fundraisers available.
Is this a special occasion? Your 12th walk? Perhaps you doing this in memory of a loved one?
Click here to celebrate your achievement with a shiny souvenir Moonlight Walk 2020 medal for just £3.00 each.
Making a difference to local lives...
St Wilfrid’s Hospice goes the ‘extra smile’ to help terminally ill people to get the most out of life for as long as possible. Which means providing the very best tailored end of life medical and nursing care that we can in a loving and supportive environment. It is thanks to our generous fundraisers and donors that we can provide our vital services. Only 16% of our funding comes from the NHS – we have to find the rest – over £7.7 million each year - with the help of everyone in our community.
Within 3 days of being referred to St Wilfrid's, we witnessed a huge change in Mum. With her pain and mobility being properly managed she had a quality of life we hadn’t experienced in months.
It was much more of a beautiful home from home environment than we would have ever of expected, and for the caring staff nothing was too much trouble. It all meant we could all be a family again.
This year we are also welcoming Henry Adams as proud sponsors of the Moonlight Walk.
David Adams, Partner at Henry Adams, said
“We are delighted to be supporting the Moonlight Walk 2020 because St Wilfrid’s means so much to so many local families like Sally’s. The dedicated staff provide vital care to many in our local community when it’s needed most, so join us on the Moonlight Walk and let’s make it a fundraising night to remember.”
If you would like to volunteer to host a special Moonlight Walk sign on your property to show your support for St Wilfrid’s please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The last 12 years you have really shown the love...
You can download copies of the sponsorship form here.
Terms & Conditions
The below terms and conditions have been written to ensure that St Wilfrid’s Hospice can support its event participants in the best possible way, whilst raising as much as possible to fund its work.
If you have any questions about them, please don’t hesitate to call 01243 755184 or email email@example.com
You agree to the following
- To join in the event we require you to agree to all terms and conditions, register online and pay your registration fee. All walkers must register for the event.
- All Under 16’s must be accompanied by an adult who will take full responsibility for them throughout the walk.
- You understand this is a fundraising event and pledge to raise as much sponsorship as possible and that the entry fee is non-refundable as it covers the cost of administering the event and is not a donation.
- We ask that you pledge to raise a minimum of £60 in sponsorship money or make an equivalent donation for St Wilfrid’s Hospice. This does not include your registration fee or any gift aid claimed on sponsorship. All funds raised must be made payable to St Wilfrid’s Hospice.
- Anyone who raised more £220 or more is entitled to receive a free Super Star Walker hoodie. The money must have been received by the charity before you can receive your hoodie.
- Only assistance dogs are accepted onto this walk. Thank you for understanding and leaving your doggy pals at home.
- No alcohol is allowed to brought to the event, or consumed during the event.
- The Moonlight Walk is not a race so all fitness levels are welcome, however, you need to be able to finish the walk in under 4.5 hours. If you have signed up to the 10 mile walk and you are very late arriving at the 5 vs 10 mile marker, you will be asked to complete the 5 mile ending. This is for your wellbeing and that of the event marshals out on the route.
- Photographs will be taken of participants throughout the event, these will be used in promotional materials. It is the participant’s responsibility to let staff know at registration if you do not want to appear in any such materials.
- You understand that this walk is not a race and that walking along public roadways at night is potentially hazardous. You are aware that St Wilfrid’s Hospice and its employees and volunteers cannot be held responsible for any personal injury, accident, loss, damage or public liability. You confirm that you are in reasonable health and fitness. Full event details will be sent to all entrants.
- Closing date for Online Registration is 27th April 2020. You can register on the night of the event at Westgate Leisure Centre from 8:30pm.
- Closing date for paper entry is 14 April 2020. All paper registrations must be received by then. You are encouraged to use our freepost address to post free of charge: Freepost RUAS-HTSH-XSLG, St Wilfrid's Hospice, Walton Lane, Bosham, CHICHESTER, PO18 8QB
- We will store your personal details, as provided on your registration, securely on our database. Please be aware that we will need to contact you with regards to this event however, outside of this correspondence, we would like to keep you informed about our work with terminally-ill people. You can choose to hear from us in a variety of ways or opt-out of further correspondence, by emailing us your preferences at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions
Full terms and conditions with a complete FAQ available here.
Where does the the walk start from?
Moonlight Walk starts and finishes at Westgate leisure Centre.
How long does the walk take?
Depending on whether you decide to do the 5 or 10 mile walk it will take around 1 - 4 hours.
How fit do I need to be?
The Moonlight Walk is not a race so all fitness levels are welcome, however, you need to be able to finish the walk in under 4.5 hours.
How do I make a donation to Moonlight Walk?
You can choose to make a donation of any amount online here.