Celebrate a decade of Moonlight Walk and be a star for St Wilfrid's!
Join #TeamWilf on 5th May for a 5 or 10 mile sponsored walk through Chichester – walk to remember a loved one, walk with family and friends, walk to show you care. Starting at Westgate Leisure Centre you will take in the sights of Chichester including the beautifully lit Bishops Palace Gardens. Entry for the Walk is just £16 and includes a special 10th Anniversary commemorative t-shirt, refreshments on the walk and a light breakfast after crossing the finish line.
Over 10 years our amazing supporters have made Moonlight Walk truly special and helped raise vital funds. Thank you for raising money in a million ways, through sponsorship, donations, coffee mornings and jumble sales. In 2018 we are making May Moonlight Month for the first time ever with Moonlight dinners, Moonlight concerts and Moonlight gigs. Every penny counts.
St Wilfrid’s Hospice goes the ‘extra smile’ to help terminally ill people to get the most out of life for as long as possible. Which means providing the very best tailored end of life medical and nursing care that we can in a loving and supportive environment. It is thanks to our generous fundraisers and donors that we can provide our vital services. Only 15% of our funding comes from the NHS – we have to find the rest – over £7 million each year - with the help of everyone in our community.
“I’ve had a lovely evening, it’s been really super. Lovely weather, lovely walk, lovely company and everyone’s been so friendly”.
The last 9 years have been amazing....
.....help us make 2018 even BIGGER!
Terms & Conditions
- I understand this is a fundraising event and pledge to raise as much sponsorship as possible and that the entry fee is non-refundable as it covers the cost of administering the event and is not a donation.
- You must be over 12 years of age on the night of 5th May 2018.
- Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult who will take full responsibility for them throughout the walk.
- You must register to take part. You can register online or by filling in the form attached - one form per entrant. (Photocopies are acceptable.)
- Closing date for paper entry is Friday 20th April 2018.
- If you are unable to take part, please let us know as soon as possible.
- Only assistance dogs are accepted on the walk.
- On NO account is alcohol to be brought into or consumed prior to or during the event.
- The walk costs £16 per person to enter and it is hoped that each entrant will be able to raise a minimum £60 sponsorship or make an equivalent donation.
- Photographs will be taken of participants throughout the event, these will be used in promotional materials. It is the participant’s responsibility to let staff know at registration if you do not want to appear in any such materials.
- I understand that this walk is not a race and that walking along public roadways at night is potentially hazardous. I am aware that St Wilfrid’s Hospice and its employees and volunteers cannot be held responsible for any personal injury, accident, loss, damage or public liability. I confirm that I am in reasonable health and fitness. Full event details will be sent to all entrants.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where does the the walk start from?
Moonlight Walk starts and finishes at Westgate leisure Centre.
How long does the walk take?
Depending on whether you decide to do the 5 or 10 mile walk it will take around 1 - 4 hours.
How fit do i need to be?
The Moonlight Walk is not a race so all fitness levels are welcome, however, you need to be able to finish the walk in under 4.5 hours.
Please click HERE to download a sponsorship form.
Please click HERE to download a copy of the map.