Thank you for your interest in volunteering for the Moonlight Walk Week 2021!
We need you to fill in all the details on the form. We will take your preferences into account but we may need to ask you to volunteer in another role if we are over subscribed for some roles.
Before you register please take a moment to consider a few things:
How much time can you give? There will be options to decide how long you would like to volunteer for such as:
- Set up for event (3-6pm)
- Whole event (5:30pm – 1am)
- First Half event only: 5:30pm – 9:30pm
- Second half event only: 9:30pm – 1am
- Other – please state
Can you volunteer before the event date? If you are keen to help volunteer before the event, you can also tell us that:
- Notifying residents of the walk by putting up local posters and putting leaflets through doors 1-2 weeks before the event
- Helping to hand out t-shirts to walkers at special pre-event dates and times (based at the hospice or at one of our charity shops)
- Putting out route signage 1-2 days before the event (9-10th September)
- Ask me to do anything and I will see what I can do for you
What would you like to help with during the Event Evening? For the 11th September Event Evening you can apply to volunteer for any of the following:
- Set up volunteer – help in setting up the walk start/finish and registration hall.
- Route Marshals – will direct and assist walkers along the route, encouraging them on with enthusiasm.
- Refreshment Stewards – will be stationed at refreshment stops, supporting walkers to top up on drinks and snacks.
- Registration Steward – will be stationed in the Westgate Hall either registering walkers into the walk or registering them out of the walk when they have finished.
- Van Drivers – pre-event and during the event helping to deliver equipment around the route and to the refreshment stops. You must be comfortable driving a large van.
- Flexi- Volunteer – Happy to fit in wherever feels best/ take on a variety of roles during the event.
Please note this event has been carefully planned in line with the latest government guidance and may be subject to change if they change.