Be a star for St Wilfrid's!
Join #TeamWilf on Saturday 11th May at 10pm for a 5 or 10 mile sponsored walk through Chichester – walk to remember a loved one, walk with family and friends, walk to show you care. Starting at Westgate Leisure Centre, we will unveil the brand new way to place a loved one’s name in memory. Then your walk will take in the sights of Chichester including the beautifully lit Bishops Palace Gardens.
Entry for the Walk includes:
- commemorative t-shirt
- refreshments on the walk
- light breakfast after crossing the finish line
This year we are offering the chance to purchase an event medal and have it engraved. Simply register for the walk and see the MLW Fundraising Pack for further details.
Over 11 years our amazing supporters have made Moonlight Walk truly special and helped raise vital funds. Thank you for raising money in a million ways, through sponsorship, donations, coffee mornings and jumble sales. This year we aim to raise £100k with prizes for the top 3 teams and the top 3 best individual fundraisers available. For the first time we are also offering individual fundraisers the opportunity to become 'Super star walkers' and earn a special hoodie if they can raise over £200 each.
St Wilfrid’s Hospice goes the ‘extra smile’ to help terminally ill people to get the most out of life for as long as possible. Which means providing the very best tailored end of life medical and nursing care that we can in a loving and supportive environment. It is thanks to our generous fundraisers and donors that we can provide our vital services. Only 16% of our funding comes from the NHS – we have to find the rest – over £7.5 million each year - with the help of everyone in our community.
“I’ve had a lovely evening, it’s been really super. Lovely weather, lovely walk, lovely company and everyone’s been so friendly”.
If you wish to volunteer on the night sign up for our steward and marshal volunteering roles here.
The last 11 years you have really shown the love...
Terms & Conditions
The below terms and conditions have been written to ensure that St Wilfrid’s Hospice can support its event participants in the best possible way, whilst raising as much as possible to fund its work.
If you have any questions about them, please don’t hesitate to call 01243 755827 or email email@example.com
You agree to the following
- To join in the event we require you to agree to all terms and conditions, register online and pay your registration fee. All walkers must register for the event.
- All Under 16’s must be accompanied by an adult who will take full responsibility for them throughout the walk.
- You understand this is a fundraising event and pledge to raise as much sponsorship as possible and that the entry fee is non-refundable as it covers the cost of administering the event and is not a donation.
- We ask that you pledge to raise a minimum of £60 in sponsorship money or make an equivalent donation for St Wilfrid’s Hospice. This does not include your registration fee or any gift aid claimed on sponsorship. All funds raised must be made payable to St Wilfrid’s Hospice.
- Only assistance dogs are accepted onto this walk. Thank you for understanding and leaving your doggy pals at home.
- No alcohol is allowed to brought to the event, or consumed during the event.
- The Moonlight Walk is not a race so all fitness levels are welcome, however, you need to be able to finish the walk in under 4.5 hours. If you have signed up to the 10 mile walk and you are very late arriving at the 5 vs 10 mile marker, you will be asked to complete the 5 mile ending. This is for your wellbeing and that of the event marshals out on the route.
- Photographs will be taken of participants throughout the event, these will be used in promotional materials. It is the participant’s responsibility to let staff know at registration if you do not want to appear in any such materials.
- You understand that this walk is not a race and that walking along public roadways at night is potentially hazardous. You are aware that St Wilfrid’s Hospice and its employees and volunteers cannot be held responsible for any personal injury, accident, loss, damage or public liability. You confirm that you are in reasonable health and fitness. Full event details will be sent to all entrants.
- Closing date for paper entry is 23 April 2019. All paper registrations must be received by then. You are encouraged to use our freepost address to post free of charge: Freepost RTJC - GAJT – UYEC, St Wilfrid’s Hospice, Grosvenor Road, Chichester PO19 8FP
- We will store your personal details, as provided on your registration, securely on our database. Please be aware that we will need to contact you with regards to this event however, outside of this correspondence, we would like to keep you informed about our work with terminally-ill people. You can choose to hear from us in a variety of ways or opt-out of further correspondence, by emailing us your preferences at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions
Full terms and conditions with a complete FAQ available here.
Where does the the walk start from?
Moonlight Walk starts and finishes at Westgate leisure Centre.
How long does the walk take?
Depending on whether you decide to do the 5 or 10 mile walk it will take around 1 - 4 hours.
How fit do i need to be?
The Moonlight Walk is not a race so all fitness levels are welcome, however, you need to be able to finish the walk in under 4.5 hours.
How do I make a donation to Moonlight Walk?
You can choose to make a donation of any amount online here stwh.co.uk/donate-moonlightwalk.
Download your Moonlight Walk Fundraising Pack 2019 here.
Please click HERE to download a sponsorship form.
Please click HERE to download a copy of the map.