Run for St Wilfrid's!
Take on the iconic London Marathon and do something amazing for your local Hospice!
The Virgin Money London Marathon is the largest annual fundraising event on the planet - runners have now raised more than £1 billion for good causes since the race began in 1981.
This year there will be 50,000 people running the traditional London Marathon route and 50,000 people running the marathon virtually in their own way on Sunday 3rd October 2021.
Join #teamwilf and every mile you run and every penny you raise will help us continue supporting local patients and their loved ones with first-class end of life care.
We are looking for local heroes to run for St Wilfrid’s Hospice in the 2021 London Marathon and take on this incredible challenge in two ways:
- Apply for your official London Marathon charity place for the iconic road race taking in many of London's landmarks, from the Cutty Sark and the City to St James' Park and The Mall!
- Sign up to take on an official Virtual London Marathon charity place meaning you can run or walk a route of your choice - and get the official medal and t-shirt to prove it! You have up to 24 hours to complete it so walkers and runners welcome.
Your fundraising support
With plenty of support from our dedicated team, we’ll make sure you feel as prepared as possible before the big day. As part of #teamwilf and the official London Marathon you will receive:
- Full fundraising support from our dedicated fundraising team
- A St Wilfrid’s Hospice running vest to wear on the race day as well as the official London Marathon finisher's t-shirt after the run
- Official London Marathon finisher medal
- Hints and tips live sessions with a professional local running coach
- Expert diet and training advice
- A pre-race get-together with your fellow St Wilfrid’s team members
- Post-marathon celebration with all of #teamwilf!
Charity Place Application for the 2021 London Marathon Road Race
We have exclusive charity places in the iconic road race this year - and we'd love to hear from you if you want to run for us!
Registration fee: £75
Fundraising target: £1,500 and above
Registration deadline: Friday 30th April 2021 at 5pm
We will be in touch to let you know the outcome of your application in early May. Please note, filling in an application form does not guarantee you a place in the 2021 London Marathon with St Wilfrid’s Hospice.
We can't wait to hear from you!
Charity Place Application for the 2021 Virtual London Marathon
Get one of our official virtual London Marathon charity places and get an official running number, finisher's medal, t-shirt and exclusive access to the running app for the big day.
Run, walk or mix it up! You have up to 24 hours to complete the marathon route of your choice and use the app to officially log your times. The app will have exclusive content for motivating you and supporting your miles.
Registration fee: £15
Fundraising target: £100 and above
Sign-up deadline: Friday 30th April 2021 at 5pm
Register now! Click the button below to sign up and make your virtual marathon place count. Why not sign up with a friend or running buddy and achieve something amazing for St Wilfrid's together!
Own Ballot Place
Run for St Wilfrid’s Hospice and make your ballot place count!
The official 2021 London Marathon ballot has now closed and results were announced the week of 8th February 2021. Please see the London Marathon website for more information.
If you have entered and are lucky enough to secure your own place through the ballot, or if you have a Good for Age place in the 2021 London Marathon, then we would love for you to use your own place to run for the Hospice.
As part of #teamwilf you will receive the exact same support as our charity place runners and we will be here to support you reach your own fundraising goal.
Contact the fundraising team on 01243 755184 or email email@example.com and join our 2021 London Marathon team and make a difference to local lives!