Ride for us as an individual, with a friend or as one big team. However you ride you won't be alone.
London to Brighton Bike Ride covers 55 miles from the crowds at Clapham Common to the buzz of Brighton beach. Sign up to this world class event that takes you from city to coast, passing through beautiful Sussex countryside. Your pedal power will help us continue providing first class end of life care in the local community.
Rider and bike transfer to and from event
St Wilfrid's is offering their very own travel support plan for cyclists, allowing bikers and their bikes to be collected from the Bosham Hospice (where parking will be available) on Sunday 15th September travel by people carrier to South London for the ride, and then be transported back again from Brighton Sea Front to Bosham. (Times to be confirmed along with pick up/drop off points two weeks prior to the event). This service costs just £30. Our thanks to Blentworth trailers and Starline Mini Cabs for providing this special service.
Please contact Hannah Presgrave on 01243 755181 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Event Date: 15th September 2019
Registration: Just £60
Fundraising Target: £200
Your entry includes
- Access to the Beach Village post race celebratory party
- Traffic free and closed road sections on the route, including extended sections within London
- Free water stops
- Fully supported route including medical support and mechanical support
- Exclusive London to Brighton Bike Ride medal
- Pre event support for training and fundraising
- Regular updates, including a welcome and rider pack, crammed with event information and fundraising support
Riders aged 14-17 years old
The bike ride is a family event so we welcome riders aged 14 and above. If you are aged between 14 - 17 years old and would like to take part in the ride, you must have a parent or guardian to complete a consent form in order to allow you to ride.
To ensure you have the most enjoyable experience, you'll set off at your pre-allocated start time based on your cycling ability. If you're riding with a team, don't worry, we'll make sure you're allocated the same start time as your team mates.
Terms and Conditions
The below terms and conditions are applicable to any participant who:
- has registered for an official St Wilfrid’s Hospice charity place in a cycling event and,
- is interested in St Wilfrid’s Hospice organised transport to and/or from an event with a bike
If a participant is taking part in the cycling event, St Wilfrid’s Hospice will include transport option at a cost of £30.
Allocation will be prioritised to charity riders first.
If you have obtained your own place and are fundraising on behalf of St Wilfrid’s Hospice we will try and accommodate on said transport- however this is not guaranteed.
To secure a place on St Wilfrid’s Hospice organised transport:
- To secure your place we require you to agree to the terms and conditions, register online and pay the transports fee.
- Transport will be provided by Star Line mini cabs.
Terms and conditions
- There are sufficient transport places for all charity cycling participants who are riding for St Wilfrid’s Hospice in an official charity place for a fee of £30. This fee is not a donation and it is non-refundable. There is no room for family or friends of riders, they must organise their own travel to support riders.
- Transport includes travel for participants and their bikes from the hospice (located in Bosham) to a designated drop off point for the official cycling event.
- Transport is provided by a third party ‘Starline’
- Bikes will be travelling on a trailer behind the transport vehicle this is an enclosed trailer with locks.
- St Wilfrid’s Hospice cannot be held liable for damages to riders’ bikes and/or other personal belongings during transportation – it is recommended that riders have personal insurance for themselves and their bikes for all cycling events. See also terms and conditions for the cycle challenge you have signed up to.
- St Wilfrid’s Hospice will plan transport with enough time for riders to arrive for the cycling event but cannot be held responsible for traffic or other delays that may happen occur.
- Outward journey: All riders are expected to be on time for the transport to ensure all participants arrive at the event drop off in time for the event start times. Transport will leave on time and any riders who miss the pick up will have to make their own way to the event.
- Homeward journey: All riders are expected to be on time for the transport to ensure all participants arrive home on time. Transport will leave on time and any riders who miss the pick up will have to make their own way to the Hospice.
- Riders will be travelling together in the transport, and won’t always be accompanied by St Wilfrid’s Hospice employees.
- St Wilfrid’s Hospice reserves the right to refuse transport to riders if their behaviour is deemed inappropriate or unacceptable.
If you cancel your place in the cycling event less than 4 weeks before the date you are booked on that your transport costs will not be refunded unless St Wilfrid’s Hospice is able to replace the cost of the booking with another rider.
Your details and Data Protection:
- We will store your personal details, as provided on your registration, securely on our database. Please
be aware that we will need to contact you with regards to this event however, outside of this correspondence, we would like to keep you informed about our work with terminally-ill people. You can choose to hear from us in a variety of ways or opt-out of further correspondence, by emailing us your preferences at: email@example.com.