Taking on a trek like this can be a spiritual experience for those who wish to walk in memory of someone cared for by St Wilfrid's Hospice. For others it will be the physical challenge that calls to them. Whatever the reason you may feel drawn to this trek you will be fully supported for the entire journey - from signing up to fundraising, to the trek itself.
We guarantee you a close relationship with the fundraising team to undertake the challenge of raising the money - whether you are doing it in memory or because you care about the future care of terminally ill people in your community. When you take on this challenge, you will feel supported and know that you’re making a huge difference to patients and their loved ones.
The Inca Trail Trek to Machu Picchu, Peru, South America
The Inca Trail is one of the most popular trekking trails in the World. An exceptional challenge, the Inca Trail reaches an altitude of over 4,200m and consists of hiking through sub-tropical vegetation, cloud forest and embracing snow-capped peaks. The 10 days trekking will be hard, but the spectacular views of river valleys far below, Phuyupatamarca (“the town at the edge of the clouds”), and reaching the lost city will never be forgotten.
The whole trip is 10 days long and you will trek 52 kilometres across 5 days of trekking (including camping). You will have 2 days acclimatising to the altitude in the beginning including being able to trek to the Inca ruins of Tambo Machay above Cusco. Then the real trek begins and will take you along the Inca pilgrimage trail along mountain passes and be able to explore the lost city of Machu Picchu at the end of the trek.
To get the trek brochure you must register your interest below (and you can register a friend or a partner too!)
Registering your interest means:
- Receiving the trek brochure which has the full itinerary & support offered on the trek, as well as the fundraising information
- Be invited to the information evenings where the trek company come and answer all your questions and show you lots of pictures
- Find out about how to fund the trip with fundraising tips
- Receive offers to get money off the deposit when registration for the trek opens
- You will then get your own registration invite to officially sign up and then receive a fundraising pack to get started.