The simplest, greenest and most charitable way to get rid of your Christmas tree this year is now closed to new collections.
Your wonderful donations will mean the gift of quality time for patients facing terminal illness to spend with their loved ones. St Wilfrid’s Hospice is there for patients and their families all day, every day of the year. So while we are all enjoying some festive cheer over Christmas, our nurses, chefs and housekeeping staff will be here doing their bit to give patients and their families the best Christmas possible.
With over 600 trees collected and over £7000 processed so far it has been a tree-mendous success!
We’ll reveal the grand total of all your generosity next week.
A very special thank you to all the eco-friendly volunteers who made this all possible.
“Last Christmas my dad died at St Wilfrid’s, only 16 weeks after my mum had died with them. Our sadness was overwhelming and much of that time was a blur. But St Wilfrid’s helped steady us. The nurses, the housekeeping team, and the catering staff – all of them were there providing care and support when most people are at home enjoying time with their own families. They cared for Dad - and for us – making sure that we could spend one last special Christmas together with him.”
The below terms and conditions have been written to ensure that St Wilfrid’s Hospice can support its Christmas Tree donors in the best possible way, whilst raising as much as possible to fund its work.
If you have any questions about them, please don’t hesitate to call 01243 755181 or email email@example.com
You agree to the following
- For you tree to be collected we require you to agree to all terms and conditions, register online and choose a donation fee.
- All decorations must be removed from the Christmas Tree. If not, we have the right to refuse collection until decorations are removed. A later collection date can be organised by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org only within the time period of the project which runs 6-22 January 2020.
- Trees must be in plain sight and visible before 9am on your selected collection date. Please be sure to keep all pavements clear for pedestrian users.
- If you have any special requirements or information to help our drivers retrieve your tree from your house you must supply your information on the booking form otherwise it may not be recorded.
- It is possible that our teams of volunteers doing Christmas Tree collections may not be able to pick up your tree on the designated day. If we miss your tree you will be offered another date for collection.
- We will store your personal details, as provided on your registration, securely on our database. Please be aware that we will need to contact you with regards to this service however, outside of this correspondence, we would like to keep you informed about our work with terminally-ill people. You can choose to hear from us in a variety of ways or opt-out of further correspondence, by emailing us your preferences at: email@example.com