St Wilfrid’s Hospice is offering your students a fun festive PE lesson this December. We’ve designed a game to encourage children to get active, work as part of a team, have fun and fundraise for a great local cause. Why not get the teachers involved in a battle too!
We want you to have a high energy and highly memorable lesson which also teaches the importance of doing good for others. St Wilfrid’s Hospice is happy to give age appropriate assemblies, arrange a visit by our mascot Wilf the owl and provide additional fundraising materials.
- Two teams start on opposing sides of a court, each member wearing the provided elf hat and nose!
- Snowball dodgeballs are lined up on the centre line and players from each team race to retrieve them at the start of the game.
- A game then proceeds with both sets of players trying to take the opposition’s players out of the game, either by striking hem with a ball they have thrown before it hits the ground, or by catching a ball thrown by an opponent. A successful catch also allows the defending team to regain a player that has previously been taken out of the game.
- A game lasts for a maximum of 3 minutes and a team wins either by eliminating all the oppositions players within the
- 3-minute time period or having more players remaining on their side at the end of 3 minutes.
All equipment will be supplied including - balls, elf hat, red noses and all promotional materials and completion certificates.
To sign up your group for Blizzard Battle please fill in your details below: