Our specialist physiotherapists and occupational therapists will help you to remain active for as long as possible during your illness, enabling you to remain independent, in control of your symptoms and able to adapt to potential changes in your condition.
A physiotherapist can play an important role in helping you to manage your condition through a number of means, including:
- Assessment of mobility and balance, enabling you to move safely and independently indoors and outdoors
- Tailored exercise programmes to help you improve or maintain strength, endurance, mobility and balance
- Education on techniques to help you manage breathlessness and the associated anxiety that you may experience
- Advice on preventing falls
- Providing walking aids such as sticks, walking frames, wheelchairs
- Managing your pain
- Offering a range of techniques that help you to support yourself
The occupational therapist can find practical solutions to everyday situations and problems that are important to you. They can help adapt, advise on or provide equipment for anything from personal care and domestic activities to managing breathlessness and relaxation techniques.
The team will work alongside you to help you maintain your quality of life for as long as possible.