Terms and Conditions
The below terms and conditions have been written to ensure that St Wilfrid’s Hospice can support its event participants in the best possible way, whilst raising as much as possible to fund its work.
If you have any questions about them, please don’t hesitate to call 01243 755827 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
You agree to the following
- To join in the event, we require you to agree to all terms and conditions, register online and pay your registration fee. All walkers must register for the event.
- You understand this is a fundraising event and pledge to raise as much sponsorship as possible and that the entry fee is non-refundable as it covers the cost of administering the event and is not a donation.
- All funds raised must be made payable to St Wilfrid’s Hospice.
- Anyone who raises more £200 or more is entitled to receive a free Super Star Walker hoodie. The money must have been received by the charity before you can receive your hoodie.
- You agree to undertake this walking activity in a responsible way and in line with government advice at the time about social distancing.
- You understand that walking along public roadways at night is potentially hazardous. You are aware that St Wilfrid’s Hospice and its employees and volunteers cannot be held responsible for any personal injury, accident, loss, damage or public liability. You confirm that you are in reasonable health and fitness.
- All Under 16’s must be accompanied by an adult who will take full responsibility for them throughout the walk.
- Only assistance dogs are accepted onto this walk. Thank you for understanding and leaving your doggy pals at home (you can also register to do the Virtual event and take your furry friends).
- No alcohol is allowed to brought to the event, or consumed during the event.
- The Moonlight Walk is not a race so all fitness levels are welcome, however, you need to be able to finish the walk in under 4.5 hours. If you are walking the 10-mile route and are struggling when you get to the position where the 5 v 10-mile routes split, the event organisers will insist you complete the 5-mile route for your own well-being and on behalf of the volunteer marshals on the route.
- If you register for the 5-mile route, you will not be able to take on the 10-mile route on the night.
- Photographs will be taken of participants throughout the event, these will be used in promotional materials. It is the participant’s responsibility to let staff know at registration if you do not want to appear in any such materials.
- We will store your personal details, as provided on your registration, securely on our database and we will contact you about the event using the contact information you provided. If you would like to hear more about the Hospice, you can sign up to our monthly email newsletter and be the first to know about supporter events, fundraising challenges, volunteer opportunities and expert care for our community.