During Virtual Moonlight Walk Week 2021 we have plenty of content to inspire and entertain you to keep going, and motivate your supporters to give for this important local cause. You’ll hear from Alison Moorey, Chief Executive of St Wilfrid’s Hospice wishing our Digital super star walkers well on their walks, be able to download more kid’s activities with a uniquely Moonlight theme, fitness tips from FitJoy, and hear messages of support from around the Hospice. Things to look out for include:
- Head Chef Christian share the secret to his walking success - a delicious and nutritious 'Wilf' snack bar!
- It’s not just hundreds of you stepping up for St Wilfrid’s. Four of our shops are locked in friendly competition this week as each vies for the title of the shop with the most steps. That’s a running tally for every step taken by each member of staff during opening times all Moonlight Walk Week long.
- Pet parade! – A ‘pupdate’ from just some of the fetching canines donning the bandanna for #moonlightwalkies this week!
- Even our gardeners are observing Moonlight Walk Week in their own way by planting night blooming flowers in the wild meadow at the Hospice. They’ll be sharing top tips and best flower picks for nocturnal gardens
Sharing is caring!
Social media is a great way for us to raise awareness about the work we do. Please like and share our messages to help us raise awareness and increase donations to enable us to keep providing our vital services. We can be found on:
- Facebook - @stwilfridschichester
- Instagram - stwilfridshospice
- Twitter - @StWilfridsChi
- Linkedin – St Wilfrid’s Hospice Chichester (linkedin.com/company/11046544)
For Moonlight Walk you can ‘tag’ our accounts to be included in our feed by using the names of our page when you post. By typing the name above on that social media platform it simply allows your post to be available to be seen by our page. To help this sharing go even further in an even easier way, simply choose to use some of the following hashtags in your message.
#moonlightwalk, #mlw21, #teamwilf, #moonlightwalkies
Every pound helps a patient at: www.justgiving.com/campaign/MoonlightWalkWeek2021
Registration is now closed for:
- The Virtual Moonlight Walk! Choose your own 5 or 10-mile route and be part of our special Moonlight Walk Week between Saturday 4th – Saturday 11th September. Walk a route of your choice at a time that suits you and your family and friends and connect with us on socials!
- The Moonlight Walk Evening Event! Join us on Saturday 11th September for the return of our familiar 5 or 10-mile routes through Chichester, including the specially lit Bishops Palace Gardens. Entries to this physical event will be capped with some time slots selling out fast, so book now to avoid disappointment!
Please note both options will be carefully planned in line with the latest government guidance and may be subject to change.
Choose your event!
Option 1: The Virtual Moonlight Walk
Be part of something really special. Walk your own 5 or 10-mile route during the Moonlight Walk Week and connect with us virtually!
This is a wonderful option if you would like to walk in the daytime or over a few days, with your young family or four-legged friends! Wherever you are and however you choose to take part, you can still walk and show your support of St Wilfrid's. To find out more and register today, click the button below!
Option 2: The Moonlight Walk Evening Event
This year to celebrate and mark the end of the Moonlight Walk Week, you can join us and your fellow Moonlight Walkers on a socially distanced 5 or 10-mile evening walk through Chichester on Saturday 11th September! Places are limited, so click the button below to find out more and sign up today!
Why your support matters
Any money you raise will deliver compassionate end of life care for those who need it. Now more than ever, your sponsorship counts to help others:
- By reaching your £60 fundraising target, you could support 2 home visits to a patient by a St Wilfrid’s Nurse Specialist. You will also earn a special edition medal to mark your achievement for St Wilfrid’s!
- By being a Superstar Walker and raising £220 or more you could fund over 8 hours of patient care on our ward at the Hospice. In addition to your medal, you will also receive an exclusive 2021 Superstar Walker hoodie in recognition of your superstar fundraising status!
Walk to remember a loved one, walk for fun with family and friends or just walk to show you care. Whichever sponsored walk you choose, you will be doing something amazing to support end of life care in your community. Register now and start making a difference.
Volunteer for the Moonlight Walk Evening Event!
On Saturday 11th September we will be welcoming up to 600 walkers onto the route through Chichester with staggered start times from 6:30pm. We will need a lot of help and support to make it go smoothly and we promise you a great experience. There really is nothing like supporting so many people to do a walk that means so much to them.
How you can volunteer
Click below to find out more and apply to volunteer for St Wilfrid's flagship event of the year!
Supporting the Moonlight Walk Week 2021
If you are unable to take part this year, but are keen to still support the Moonlight Walk Week 2021, then you can show your support by donating on JustGiving to this year's fundraising total.
This year we are also welcoming back Henry Adams as proud sponsors;
Ian Wiggett, Chief Executive of Henry Adams Lettings, said, “My father received outstanding care from the team at St Wilfrid’s last year, which brings the invaluable work that they do very close to home. This is just one of the many reasons that we wanted to continue with our support for this wonderful hospice which serves our local communities and families so well.”
Your questions answered!
Click below to download a copy of our FAQ pages for each event. If you need any further support, then please don't hesitate to contact us by calling 01243 755827 or emailing email@example.com