Twenty-six handpicked songs from the caring staff at St Wilfrid’s Hospice to get you up and jumping, running, or even skipping towards your own 2.6 Challenge.
The 2.6 Challenge, launches on Sunday 26 April – what would’ve been the 40th edition of the London Marathon, which raised £66.4 million in 2019.
All you need to do is dream up an activity based around the numbers 2.6 or 26 that suits you and start it on Sunday April 26 by following the steps here.
For us, 2.6 is the distance in miles one of our nurses can cover in less than a single shift of caring for terminally ill patients at the Hospice or in the comfort of their own homes.
A donation of £26 could provide an hour of compassionate nursing care to help make a patients last days of life as supported, comfortable and dignified as they can be - hopefully leaving behind positive memories for their loved ones.
- We’ll meet again – Dame Vera Lynn
- Steve Harley and the Cockney Rebel – Come up and see me (make me smile)
- Baker Street, Jerry Rafferty
- Van Morrison – Have I told You Lately
- Bruce Springsteen – Born to Run
- We have all the time in the world – Louis Armstrong (Community Nurse team)
- Perfect day (I'm glad i spent it with you)
- M people – Proud
- Lifted’ by the Lighthouse Family (A personal favourite of our Chief Executive Alison!)
- We are family - Sister Sledge
- RESPECT by Aretha Franklin
- Kelly Clarkson’s ‘Stronger’
- Ed Sheeran Supermarket Flowers
- Its oh so quiet, Bjork
- Faith, George Michael
- Freedom, George Michael
- Happy (clap your hands), Pharrell Williams
- Fever, Elvis
- I will survive, Gloria Gaynor
- I have a dream, ABBA
- I got a feeling, Black eyed peas
- Glorious, Macklemore
- Octopus’s Garden – The Beatles
- We love to boogie, T Rex
- Walking on sunshine, Katrina & the waves
- Jason Mraz – ‘look for the good’ in everyone / everything