This new short, three day course is for registered nurses earlier in their careers to provide a grounding in the key principles of palliative and end of life care.
Each course consists of three days which run once a week for three consecutive weeks and one month post will feature a lunchtime reflective session to consolidate the link from theory to practice.
Please choose one course from the list below.
Course 1 (via Microsoft Teams):-
- 29th April 2021 (09.15-16.30)
- 6th May 2021 (09.15-16.30)
- 13th May 2021 (09.15-16.30)
- Lunchtime reflective session 10th June 13.00-14.30
Course 2 (via Microsoft Teams):-
- 9th September 2021 (09.15-16.30)
- 16th September 2021 (09.15-16.30)
- 23rd September 2021 (09.15-16.30)
- Lunchtime reflective session 21st October 2021 13.00-14.30
Course 3 (potentially face to face at our Education Centre):-
- 5th October 2021 (09.15-16.30)
- 12th October 2021 (09.15-16.30)
- 19th October 2021 (09.15-16.30)
- Lunchtime reflective session 16th November 2021 13.00-14.30 (via Microsoft Teams)
Course 4 (via Microsoft Teams):-
- 25th January 2022 (09.15-16.30)
- 1st February 2022 (09.15-16.30)
- 8th February 2022 (09.15-16.30)
- Lunchtime reflective session 8th March 2022 13.00-14.30
Price: £240 per course
A course includes:-
- The philosophy & principles of palliative care
- Principles of pain assessment and management
- Nausea, vomiting and obstruction
- Emergencies in palliative care
- Emotions and cognitions in palliative and end of life care
- Management of symptoms in the last days of life
- Introduction to models of grief and bereavement support
This course will be held virtually via Microsoft Teams (except provisionally course 3) which can be booked below - please ensure that individual emails are supplied as we are unable to accept generic emails. After booking you will receive a joining link to the email address you have registered by the day before the event. This link is specific to the individual and we respectfully ask that this is not shared in anyway.
Please contact email@example.com with any queries.