Understanding the Needs of the LGBTQ+ Community at End of Life
Coming in the autumn…
This new workshop will give a comprehensive overview of the experiences, needs and research-based recommendations for caring for people from LGBTQ+, trans and gender diverse communities. It will be discussion based and utilise relevant resources from the Learning Framework for LGBTQ+ Care in Later Life (2023).
Suitable for all health and social care professionals from all clinical settings the learning outcomes will include:
* To understand the terminology around LGBTQ+, trans and gender diverse
* To understand the experiences of LGBTQ+, trans and gender diverse communities of palliative and end of life care
* To have a greater understanding of the needs of a person from the LGBTQ+ community at the End of Life
* To increase confidence when supporting (physical, emotional and psychological) someone from the LGBTQ+ community & their family at the end of Life
* Awareness of the Learning Framework for LGBTQ+ Ageing, further resources and support in Sussex.