Date: Tuesday 12th December 2023 09.30-12.30 COURSE FULL
Price: Fully funded by NHS Sussex – open to all Sussex employees in health and social care or £50 if you work outside of these areas to include all course materials.
Where: Virtual via Microsoft Teams
Suitable for all health & social care professionals from all clinical settings.
Around 10% of people over 65 have frailty, rising to between a quarter and a half of those over 85. They are the highest users of services across health and social care and have the highest level of unplanned admissions to hospital. Therefore, this issue has has much prominence nationally and within Sussex with our demographics.
Key learning outcomes:-
- Knowledge and understanding of dimensions of frailty
- Understand the issues of frailty in palliative and end of life care
- Understand the Electronic Frailty Index, Clinical Frailty Scale and awareness of other tools
- Awareness of the organisation of care for frailty within the local health economy
- Awareness of current research in frailty and signposting to further resources
Discussion is an important part of this course as part of increasing your confidence in this ever-developing area.
This course links to specific subject areas and tiers within the EoLC Core Skills Training Framework.
This course will be held virtually via Microsoft Teams which can be booked below – please ensure that individual emails are supplied as we are unable to accept generic emails. After booking you will receive a joining link to the email address you have registered by the day before the event. This link is specific to the individual and we respectfully ask that this is not shared in anyway.
If you have any queries please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org