End of life and dementia
Dates:- Wednesday 28th February 2024 09.30 – 15.00 (Virtual)
Price: Fully funded by NHS Sussex – open to all Sussex employees in health and social care or £100 if you work outside of Sussex to include all course materials.
Where: Virtually via Microsoft Teams
This study day will begin with an understanding of the different types of dementia and then the following learning objectives:
- Provide an opportunity to explore dementia as a terminal illness
- Understand the dementia journey including breaking bad news and advance care planning
- Recognising dying in dementia
- Develop knowledge of pain in dementia
- Develop knowledge of symptom management and dementia
- Recognise the role of namaste care in advanced dementia
- Understand the key themes in bereavement and dementia
Join us if you are a health or social care professional and want to make a difference in advanced dementia and end of life care…..
This course links to specific subject areas and tiers within the EoLC Core Skills Training Framework.
This course will be held virtually via Microsoft Teams which can be booked below – please ensure that individual emails are supplied as we are unable to accept generic emails. After booking you will receive a joining link to the email address you have registered by the day before the event. This link is specific to the individual and we respectfully ask that this is not shared in anyway.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries.