The simplest, greenest and most charitable way to recycle your Christmas tree this year is to get involved in St Wilfrid’s Christmas Tree Recycling Scheme!
Let our wonderful team of St Wilfrid’s volunteers collect your tree and recycle it for you from 6th to 26th January 2021 in return for a donation to the Hospice.
In partnership with Chichester District Council, and supported by the Woodhorn Group, your tree will be recycled and used to create their range of Earth Cycle composts and topsoil's, contributing to a greener local community.
Why your donation matters
Your donation to St Wilfrid's will mean the gift of quality time for local people facing life limiting illness to spend with their loved ones. This time of year is still a special one for making memories and throughout the festive season St Wilfrid’s Hospice will be supporting over 330 patients and their families. With your help, we will be there for patients and their families all day, every day of the year.
Nikki is just one of the people St Wilfrid's has supported through the festive season:
“At Christmas my dad died at St Wilfrid’s, only 16 weeks after my mum had died with them. Our sadness was overwhelming and much of that time was a blur. But St Wilfrid’s helped steady us. The nurses, the housekeeping team, and the catering staff – all of them were there providing care and support when most people are at home enjoying time with their own families. They cared for Dad - and for us – making sure that we could spend one last special Christmas together with him.”
It is only your donation that will help support St Wilfrid’s and 100% of it will go to the Hospice to ensure patients and their loved ones receive compassionate end of life care and support this festive season.
How it works:
- Find your postcode below, register your tree and make a donation to St Wilfrid’s Hospice to have it collected.
- Leave your tree (free from all decorations) outside your home by 9am on your chosen collection day for our volunteers to collect and recycle. Tree collections will take place throughout the day from 9am and you do not need to be home when our volunteers arrive.
- Start your new year off knowing you have helped to create a greener local community and that your donation will help to raise much needed funds for your local Hospice!
To sign up and register your Christmas Tree, please find your postcode below:
Important note - Our tree collections are based on your postcode. We have grouped postcodes by area, but please find your exact postcode below to choose your collection day.
If you're keen to volunteer for St Wilfrid's Hospice and get involved in this eco-friendly scheme by helping to collect Christmas Trees between 6th to 26th January 2021, then we would love to hear from you!
In light of the current government guidance, we're really in need of household volunteer teams or support bubbles of 2 people, where one person would be able to drive one of our collection vans. If you have your own van, truck or trailer, then we'd be so grateful if you were able to not only volunteer your time, but your van too!
Please see our volunteer registration page for all the details if you're keen to find out more and register your interest today!
The below terms and conditions have been written to ensure that St Wilfrid’s Hospice can support its Christmas Tree donors in the best possible way, whilst raising as much as possible to fund the Hospice’s vital work.
If you have any questions about them, please don’t hesitate to call 01243 755181 or email email@example.com
You agree to the following:
- For your tree to be collected we require you to agree to all terms and conditions, register online and choose a donation amount.
- Please provide detailed directions and any special instructions to help our volunteers find your collection address and your tree. You must supply this information on the registration form otherwise it may not be recorded.
- Tree collections will take place throughout the day from 9am and you do not need to be home when our volunteers arrive. If your tree hasn’t been collected by 4.30pm on your chosen collection day, then please contact the fundraising team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01243 755181.
- All decorations must be removed from the Christmas Tree and all trees over 12ft tall must be chopped up prior to collection. If not, we have the right to refuse collection. A later collection date can be organised by emailing email@example.com within the time period of the project which runs 6-26 January 2021.
- Trees must be in plain sight and visible from 9am on your chosen collection date. Please be sure to keep all pavements clear for pedestrian users.
- It is possible that our teams of volunteers may not be able to collect your tree on the designated day. If we are unable to collect your tree, you will be contacted and offered another date for collection.
- We will store your personal details, as provided on your registration, securely on our database. Please be aware that we will need to contact you with regards to this service however, outside of this correspondence, we would like to keep you informed about our work with terminally-ill people. You can choose to hear from us in a variety of ways or opt-out of further correspondence, by emailing us your preferences at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download a copy of our Christmas Tree Recycling leaflet to share with your friends and family!