Could you help us make a difference this Christmas?
This Christmas, you could help make a difference to local lives by helping us fund expert, tailored care and support to patients and their loved ones. We would greatly appreciate any donation big or small, so we can continue to help families, like Malcolm’s, in creating treasured memories.
You can make your donation by filling in the form below. Thank you.
“St Wilfrid’s Hospice became our extended family when my husband, Malcolm, was staying on their Ward, because when someone has cancer the whole family are affected. In Malcolm’s own words, “all of you treat me like my family is your family, and that is marvelous”.
I hope this Christmas people will open their hearts and give the gift of giving, because the care at St Wilfrid’s goes far beyond Christmas, and nothing can take place of cherished memories, love, care and support in these tough times.“
Where does my donation go?
Thanks to our amazing supporters, we manage to raise just over £26,000 a day to deliver compassionate end of life care in our local community. As you might imagine, we spend the money on a variety of core items such as medical equipment, drugs and wages. However, we also have to spend money on less glamorous things such gas and electric, stationery and toilet paper!
Quite simply, your donation allows us to do what we do – whether that’s helping to keep our buildings running or paying for a nurse to be with a family in the last hours of a patient’s life.
As a local independent charity, St Wilfrid’s receives a small grant from the NHS and government funding for around 17% of our costs, but the remainder it takes to run our services each year is raised through the generosity of our supporters, donors, shoppers, and community.
– St Wilfrid’s Hospice is an independent local charity making a difference to local lives
– 17% of our income comes from the NHS, the rest we need to fundraise
– Our running costs are over £9million a year, over £26,000 a day, to provide our high-quality services, free of charge to the local community
– We have been providing our care free of charge for over 35 years, and with your support will continue to do so
– Around 500 local people currently volunteer to assist with almost every aspect of the Hospice’s work
– We keep our administration and fundraising costs to a minimum as stewardship of funds is extremely important to us
– By 2043 the number of 65+ adults in West Sussex will rise to almost 300,000*. This is why it’s never been more important to support your local hospice.
– £5 could pay for a Christmas dinner for a patient on our Ward this festive season
– £15 could pay for a patient’s specialist physiotherapy treatment
– £37 could support nursing care for patients on our Ward at night
– £68 could pay for a home visit for a patient from our Hospice community team
Everyone cared for by the Hospice is important, this includes members of their family and their support network. Sometimes we get to know patients really well, either because they have stayed at St Wilfrid’s on the Ward more often or they have reason to use our facilities more than others.
Sometimes we are asked by families if they can help and support the Hospice, and one of the ways is to let people know the benefits of our service. If someone would like to share their view on St Wilfrid’s and would like to be part of a future appeal we would be delighted to hear from them.
If you would like to talk to us about sharing your story for a future appeal, please do speak to one of our clinical team, or email email@example.com