In April 2019 our Management Team and Trustees reviewed our aims and objectives as to the provision of end of life care within in our local community. We revised our values and agreed upon a new set of strategic priorities to take us through to 2024.
Patients, loved ones, supporters and colleagues receive the best care with us. All are listened to, receive acts of kindness as and when it is needed and are treated with respect and empathy as individuals, regardless of circumstance.
Patients, loved ones, supporters and colleagues interact with us at our best. They know we will have learnt from our experiences, and make improvements in practice.
Patients, loved ones, supporters and colleagues are treated with authenticity and with their best interests at the forefront. They are respected and feel they can trust in our honesty.
Patients, loved ones, supporters and colleagues are treated in a professional manner; they can rely on us to be proactive, supportive and take responsibility. They view us caring for each other and taking a collective responsibility for our resources and the environment.
Patients, loved ones, supporters and colleagues enjoy feeling part of our team and that we will be successful together, sharing the same aims and goals, feeling communicated with and understanding our role in supporting them.
Develop and enhance the provision of high quality specialist palliative and end of life care services.
- Provide and maintain the facilities to deliver our services
- Extend the reach of our services to more people in our community
- Provide more care to people in their own homes
- Increase flexibility and capacity of services to meet people’s changing and growing needs
- Continue to improve the quality and availability of our services
- Work in collaboration with commissioners and other providers
- Promote good communication and enable patients and their loved ones to take an active role in decisions about their care
Share our knowledge and expertise to increase impact, awareness and understanding of our work.
- Raise and enhance our positive public image
- Implement a communications programme, using our key messages and identity
- Make it easier for people to engage with us
- Increase the awareness, range and quantity of education and training opportunities
- Increase the skills and confidence of those delivering end of life care in all settings
- Help people talk more openly about dying, death and bereavement
We are custodians
Raise funds and use our resources (human, financial and physical) to fulfil our purpose.
- Generate the funds required to achieve our purpose by:
- growing retail and fundraising activities and profitability
- seeking to increase the amount of statutory income received
- Improve efficiency and best use of the money we receive by careful financial management
- Develop a workforce plan to meet growing needs and changing nature of workforce
- Broaden the scope and role of our volunteers across the organisation
- Support, inspire and recognise our staff and volunteers
- Use technology to support efficiency in all areas