|Salary:||£6,020.16 (pro rated)|
|Hours:||12 hours per week over three days (Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday preferable) - Six month contract|
|End date:||Closing date: 21 September 2019|
We are looking for a Transport Coordinator to support the smooth running of the Transport service by coordinating volunteer driver tasks and providing administration support.
The Transport Coordinator would be required to liaise with all team members, volunteers, service users, other departments and outside agencies, therefore excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential in answering telephone calls, filing, and prioritising schedules primarily for patients attending the Living Well Centre and other essential services such as postal collections.
The successful applicant must have exceptional IT skills, with the ability to extract data from conversations and documents with a sensitivity and confidence in dealing with all levels of people.
The working atmosphere is friendly, inspiring and supportive through commitment to our Values and inclusive environment. We offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes; holiday entitlement starting at 27 days per year plus bank holidays (pro rata), a contributory pension scheme, or a continuation of NHS holiday entitlements and NHS Superannuation Scheme if applicable. Life assurance, access to complementary therapies, discounted gym membership plus a contributory cash reimbursement plan for you and family members.
- To act as a first point of contact for all volunteer Drivers
- To support the effective provision of volunteer transport services across the hospice
- Ability to work individually and unsupervised on all common processes and as a supportive member of the team
- People – no direct reports, provides support to volunteer drivers
- Assists in reviewing processes dedicated to providing a thorough and professional volunteer service
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Delivers the St Wilfrid’s culture of excellence in patient and people care
- Administers all processes in relation to recruitment and induction of volunteer drivers
- To input and maintain accurate and efficient electronic and paper records
- Provide day to day advice to Line Managers and volunteers on volunteer driver related queries, requests and procedures, escalating more complex issues, complaints, untoward incidents to the Voluntary Services Manager
- Organises and maintains continuity in volunteer driver rotas and assists in the co-ordination of volunteer transportation for the hospice
- To maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times, especially when dealing with sensitive information, complying with data protection and information governance
- Assists with the continuing development and expansion of volunteer drivers in new and existing areas of the organisation
- To support the Voluntary Services Manager working within the community to attract and recruit new volunteer drivers.
- Challenges self and others in the team to make continuous improvement
- Communicates clearly and regularly with their line manager and colleagues
- Takes responsibility for safe practice and awareness of health and safety and infection control thus ensuring that the Hospice’s exposure to risk is minimised
- Participates in the application of performance management
- Provides development training and support for self including mandatory updates
- It is the responsibility of all staff to treat volunteers with respect and value their contribution
- Works within agreed hospice policies, procedures and guidelines
KNOWLEDGE & SPECIFIC JOB SKILLS
- Comprehensive IT skills for Microsoft Office
- Able to communicate concisely, clearly and appropriately with all levels
- Full driving licence
CORE BEHAVIOURS - Level 1
- People Care
- Motivation & Initiative
- Change & Adaptability
- Planning & Organisation
- Analysis & Decision Making Ability
- Coaching & Teamwork