Retail Administration Assistant
|Salary:||£8.53 per hour (pending salary review)|
|Hours:||15 hours per week|
|End date:||Closing date : 31 January 2020, Interview Date: w/c 3 February 2020|
Are you organised, proactive and looking to make a difference?
An opportunity for an experienced Administrator has arisen in our charity retail team, working out of our Donation Centre, Terminus Road, Chichester.
As the Retail Administration Assistant the successful candidate will provide administrative support for the Retail Management team, including shop managers, to support the implementation of our retail strategy and our purpose of generating income for St Wilfrid’s Hospice.
Providing, a communication link between the main Hospice and the retail office, we are looking for someone who is highly organised and able to work independently as well as collaborate as part of a team. The administrator role will be varied, including managing incoming calls, maintaining supplies, collating data for analysis, preparation of letters, reports and presentations. You will have effective communication skills, be IT literate and have a pro-active approach to your work.
As part of our committed team environment the working atmosphere is friendly and supportive. We offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes holiday entitlement starting at 27 days per year, increasing to 33 days (pro rata), or a continuation of NHS entitlement, plus bank holidays, a contributory pension scheme, or continuation to the NHS Superannuation Scheme, life assurance, access to complementary therapies, discounted gym membership plus a contributory cash reimbursement plan for you and family members.
REPORTS TO: RETAIL DIRECTOR
- To provide administrative support for the Retail Management team, including Shop/Store Managers
- To deliver the administrative requirements of the Retail Operation
- To provide a communication link between the main Hospice and the Retail Office
- To deliver the administrative requirements of the Retail Operation, to support the Hospice and Retail Strategy
- To provide administrative support for the Retail Director, and Retail management team
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Support Retail Management Team
- Provide administration and general support for the Retail Management team
- Manage incoming phone calls and correspondence of the Retail Office
- Provide data collation and KPI analysis to support the Retail Management team
- Preparation of letters, reports and presentations as required
- Co-ordinate and take minutes for meetings
- Assist in the creation, production and distribution of commercial graphics, posters and flyers for retail outlets and retail events in line with Hospice Branding Guidelines
- Support Retail Management team in maintaining up to date procedures, training records and compliance documentation
- Undertake and complete specific retail related tasks and operational projects
Support Shop and Store Managers
- Support and liaise with Shop and Store Management with regard to day-to-day operational needs
- Prepare weekly figures from Kudos (EPoS system) and distribute to Shop/Store Managers
- Provide operational support for the Terminus Road Donation Centre and e-Commerce teams, as and when required
Supplies and Materials
- Source and procure retail supplies as cost effectively as possible, as required.
- Support Retail Management team in new supplier contract negotiation and co-ordination.
- Support Retail Management team in new goods development, including Christmas card ordering, distribution, auditing and financial reporting.
- Liaise with internal partners to support good collaboration between our STWH Retail, Hospice and Education organisations
- Support in recruitment and introduction of Volunteers to our Retail Operation
- Welcome visitors, donors and customers to STWH Retail operation, as required
- Co-ordinate and facilitate third party on-site meetings
- Point of Contact for Kudos (EPoS system) HQ function
- Support in the planning and operation of Retail events (e.g. Vintage Affair)
- Lead and contribute to specific retail projects, as required
The SWH Core Accountabilities:
- Promotes the St Wilfrid’s culture of excellence in patient and people care
- Contributes towards ensuring that the Hospice’s exposure to risk is minimised through safe practice and awareness of health and safety
- Challenges the department/service to make continuous improvement
- Contributes to reporting of progress towards meeting relevant strategic and operational goals
- Communicates clearly and regularly with their Line Manager and colleagues
- Motivates volunteers to ensure high standards of performance and delivery
- Provides development training and support for self and others including mandatory updates
- Volunteers are a vital resource to St. Wilfrid’s Hospice and it is the responsibility of all staff to treat them with respect and value their contribution
- Works within agreed Hospice policies, procedures and guidelines
KNOWLEDGE & SPECIFIC JOB SKILLS
- Good general education: GCSE in Maths or English or equivalent
- IT knowledge essential: excel, word, power point and publisher
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Commercially aware, ideally with retail experience
- People Care
- Motivation & Initiative
- Change & Adaptability
- Planning & Organisation
- Analysis & Decision Making Ability
- Coaching & Teamwork
Please send your completed Hospice application form and an up to date CV to:
HR Admin, St Wilfrid’s Hospice, Walton Lane, Bosham West Sussex PO18 8QB
01243 755183 HRAdmin@stwh.co.uk