Receptionist - Bank
|Salary:||£10.21 per hour|
|Hours:||Bank Contract - casual hours|
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join our Facilities team as a Bank Receptionist.
The post holder will be the first point of contact for external enquiries, therefore excellent communication skills are essential. We ideally are looking for someone who has previous experience in reception duties or customer service, is confident in using a PC and providing administration support.
The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent collaborative and teamwork capabilities to be a supportive member of the team
In addition to a salary with a flexible work pattern, we offer employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes membership to a contributory pension scheme, or continuation to the NHS superannuation where recognised, Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), plus as a bank member of our team an equivalent to a holiday entitlement of 27 days including bank holidays.
- To provide a professional and friendly greeting service to all.
- To deliver an efficient and skilled telephone answering service.
- Assist the General Office, Fund Raising department and other areas within the Hospice with administration tasks as required.
- To assist with the small Gift Shop and all related activities to ensure a competent service is delivered
- Dealing with all levels of individuals: visitors (patients, relatives, business partners, trustees & suppliers), staff and volunteers.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- All visitors to receive a professional and friendly “welcome” to St Wilfrid’s.
- Ensuring that the first contact made with the Hospice is perceived as a competent and courteous experience.
- A clear, concise, problem-solving approach to enquiries is required.
- Directing callers (telephone/visitors) to the right destination first time.
- Liaising with suppliers, e.g. stationery & copier.
- Administration & data entry tasks.
- Maintains stock levels of gift shop items using stock control administration through the till.
- Arranging the shop display.
- Handles cash and other forms of payment. Prepares cash reports at the end of each day.
- Act as a General Information Point.
- Organises meeting room bookings.
- Essential role in the Fire Evacuation Policy.
- Delivers the St Wilfrid’s culture of excellence in patient and people care
- Takes responsibility for safe practice and awareness of health and safety and infection control thus ensuring that the Hospice’s exposure to risk is minimised
- Challenges self and others in the team to make continuous improvement
- Communicates clearly and regularly with their Line manager and colleagues
- Participates in the rigorous application of performance management
- Provides development training and support for self including mandatory updates
- It is the responsibility of all staff to treat volunteers with respect and value their contribution
- Works within agreed hospice policies, procedures and guidelines
KNOWLEDGE & SPECIFIC JOB SKILLS
- Previous reception/telephony experience
- Effective communication skills
- Administration experience
- Keyboard skills
- People Care
- Motivation & Initiative
- Change & Adaptability
- Planning & Organisation
- Analysis & Decision Making Ability
- Coaching & Teamwork
Please send your completed Hospice application form and an up to date CV to:
St Wilfrid’s Hospice, Walton Lane, Bosham, West Sussex PO18 8QB
01243 755183 HRAdmin@stwh.co.uk