Major Gifts & Partnerships Manager
|Salary:||In the region of £28,000 per annum|
|Hours:||37.5 hours per week|
|End date:||Closing date: 10 June 2019; Interview date: 17th - 19th June 2019|
At an exciting time to join the Hospice as we move towards opening our new 18 bed Hospice in Bosham.
A fantastic opportunity for an experienced fundraiser to join our team has arisen with the opportunity of the role of Major Gifts & Partnership Manager. Reporting to the Director of Fundraising and Communications the successful candidate will lead the stewardship and account management of key funder relationships.
As the Major Gifts & Partnership Manager the successful candidate will develop and implement the strategy of raising money from charitable trusts, corporate partnerships and high net worth individuals. Researching potential funders to enhance the portfolio of partnership organisations and individuals as well as building on existing relationships, the role holder will possess exceptional communication skills to develop compelling funding propositions and charitable trust applications.
We are looking for someone with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in this field of fundraising with practical experience to lead the planning and organisation of major gift events that create opportunities of stewarding relationships. Line managing a small team consisting of staff and volunteers the role holder will provide clear leadership and line management to ensure skills are used effectively whilst providing development opportunities of the team to make continuous improvement.
As part of our committed team environment the working atmosphere is friendly, inspiring and supportive. We offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes holiday entitlement starting at 27 days per year, increasing to 33 days, plus bank holidays, or a continuation of NHS entitlement, a contributory pension scheme, or continuation to the NHS Superannuation Scheme, life assurance, access to complementary therapies, discounted gym membership plus a contributory cash reimbursement plan for you and family members.
Please send your completed Hospice application form and an up to date CV to:
HR Admin, St Wilfrid’s Hospice, Grosvenor Road, Chichester, West Sussex PO19 8FP
01243 755183 HRAdmin@stwh.co.uk
Major Gifts & Partnerships Manager
Director of Fundraising and Communications
To raise money for the Hospice through significant financial donations from charitable trusts and individuals and corporate partnerships.
- Develop and write compelling funding propositions
- Leading on Major Donor stewardship and events
- Lead on creating, developing and retaining corporate partnerships
- Strategy and planning
- Line management of the Major Gifts & Partnership Officer and volunteers where appropriate
- Ability to work individually and unsupervised and as a supportive member of the team
- Budget planning and reporting to meet agreed financial targets
- Stewardship and account management of key funder relationships
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To lead the development and implementation of the Major Gifts & Partnerships strategy and annual plans and work with the Director and other colleagues to contribute to the overall fundraising strategy.
- To develop and oversee the Major Gift & Partnerships income and expenditure budgets, monitoring and reviewing the return on investment and taking mitigating action as necessary.
- To work with colleagues internally to develop interesting and compelling funding propositions
- To research potential funders and build relationships
- Develop solicitation plans for securing donations and partnerships
- Effectively steward funder relations to ensure continued support.
- Where appropriate, investigate innovative and creative initiatives and opportunities for new and existing major gift & partnership income not currently maximised by the organisation, undertaking feasibility studies to inform future business plans.
- To demonstrate excellent line management, leadership and communication skills, ensuring high standards of performance and delivery from you and your team.
- To ensure volunteers in the office and at any major gift fundraising activity or event are well managed to utilise their skills most effectively, and are kept motivated and feel appreciated.
- To report on all activities and budgets to Director and Management Team/ Trustees as needed.
- To comply with fundraising and data protection regulations and standards ensuring that risk assessments, Health & Safety and insurance requirements are in place where needed, and data is managed securely and effectively.
- To work as a member of the Senior Staff team, contributing to the development of the Hospice’s services overall.
The SWH Core Accountabilities:
- Promotes the St Wilfrid’s culture of excellence in patient and people care
- Contributes to reporting of progress towards meeting relevant strategic and operational goals
- Contributes towards ensuring that the Hospice’s exposure to risk is minimised through safe practice and awareness of health and safety
- Challenges the department/service to make continuous improvement
- Communicates clearly and regularly with their Line Manager and colleagues
- Motivates and directs both staff and volunteers to ensure high standards of performance and delivery
- Provides development training and support for self and others including mandatory updates
- Volunteers are a vital resource to St. Wilfrid’s Hospice and it is the responsibility of all staff to treat them with respect and value their contribution
- Works within agreed Hospice policies, procedures and guidelines
KNOWLEDGE & SPECIFIC JOB SKILLS
- Relevant degree or fundraising qualification
- Minimum of 3 years relevant fundraising experience
- Specialist knowledge of major gift fundraising from Trusts and individuals, including strategic planning and reporting
- Experience of broader fundraising disciplines, particularly corporate fundraising is desirable
- Full driving Licence and daily access to car
CORE COMPETENCIES – Level 2
- People Care
- Motivation & initiative
- Change & adaptability
- Planning & organisation
- Analysis & decision making ability
- Coaching & teamwork