Major Gifts & Partnerships Manager
|Salary:||£30,401 - £37,267 per annum depending on experience|
|Hours:||37.5 hours per week|
|End date:||Closing date: 11 August 2019, Interview date: w/c 19 August 2019|
A fantastic opportunity for an experienced fundraiser to join our team has arisen as a Major Gifts & Partnerships Manager. Reporting to the Director of Fundraising and Communications the successful candidate will lead the stewardship and account management of key funder relationships, with a focus on high net worth individuals.
As the Major Gifts & Partnership Manager the successful candidate will develop and implement a strategy for building the prospect pipeline in order to grow income from high net worth individuals. They will research potential funders to enhance the portfolio of individuals as well as building on existing relationships, the role holder will possess exceptional communication and relationship management skills to develop relationships and deliver compelling funding propositions. They will manage the Major Gifts & Partnerships officer, offering advice, guidance and support in developing corporate partnerships and writing compelling funding applications to trusts and foundations. They will account manage and develop key corporate partnerships, leading and supporting the Major Gifts & Partnerships Officer to do the same.
We are looking for someone with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in this field of fundraising with practical experience to lead the planning and development of prospect pipelines for high net worth individuals. Line managing a small team consisting of staff and volunteers the role holder will provide clear leadership and line management to ensure skills are used effectively whilst providing development opportunities for the team to make continuous improvement.
As part of our committed team environment the working atmosphere is friendly, inspiring and supportive. We offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes holiday entitlement starting at 27 days per year, increasing to 33 days, plus bank holidays, or a continuation of NHS entitlement, a contributory pension scheme, or continuation to the NHS Superannuation Scheme, life assurance, access to complementary therapies, discounted gym membership plus a contributory cash reimbursement plan for you and family members.
To raise and grow income for the Hospice through significant financial donations, primarily from high net worth individuals.
To manage the Major Gifts & Partnerships officer, offering advice, guidance and support in developing corporate partnerships and writing compelling funding applications.
To generate income from high net worth individuals through playing a leading role in managing and building the prospect pipeline to grow income for the organisation.
- Advise and support the Major Gifts & Partnerships Officer in soliciting, developing and retaining corporate partnerships.
- Advise and support the Major Gifts & Partnerships Officer in developing and writing compelling funding propositions to trusts and foundations.
- Develop & implement a major gifts strategy.
- Research into funding opportunities.
- Line management of the Major Gifts & Partnership Officer and volunteers where appropriate.
- Ability to work individually and unsupervised and as a supportive member of the team.
- Budget planning and reporting to meet agreed financial targets.
- Stewardship and account management of key funder relationships.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To lead the development and implementation of the Major Gifts & Partnerships strategy and annual plans and work with the Director and other colleagues to contribute to the overall fundraising strategy.
- To develop and oversee the Major Gift & Partnerships income and expenditure budgets, monitoring and reviewing the return on investment and taking mitigating action as necessary.
- Proactively engage with colleagues across the organisation to develop suitable propositions for fundraising proposals and deliver the inside track to donors.
- Complete and implement prospect research, create and deliver cultivation plans and tailored funding appeals for each supporter based on donors giving history and personal giving motivations.
- Effectively steward funder relations to ensure continued support.
- To manage the Major Gifts & Partnerships officer, offering advice, guidance and support in developing corporate partnerships and writing compelling funding applications.
- Where appropriate, investigate innovative and creative initiatives and opportunities for new and existing major gift & partnership income not currently maximised by the organisation, undertaking feasibility studies to inform future business plans.
- To demonstrate excellent line management, leadership and communication skills, ensuring high standards of performance and delivery from you and your team.
- To ensure volunteers in the office and at any major gift fundraising activity or event are well managed to utilise their skills most effectively, and are kept motivated and feel appreciated.
- To report on all activities and budgets to Director and Management Team/ Trustees as needed.
- To comply with fundraising and data protection regulations and standards ensuring that risk assessments, Health & Safety and insurance requirements are in place where needed, and data is managed securely and effectively.
- To work as a member of the Senior Staff team, contributing to the development of the Hospice’s services overall.
The SWH Core Accountabilities:
- Promotes the St Wilfrid’s culture of excellence in patient and people care
- Contributes to reporting of progress towards meeting relevant strategic and operational goals
- Contributes towards ensuring that the Hospice’s exposure to risk is minimised through safe practice and awareness of health and safety
- Challenges the department/service to make continuous improvement
- Communicates clearly and regularly with their Line Manager and colleagues
- Motivates and directs both staff and volunteers to ensure high standards of performance and delivery
- Provides development training and support for self and others including mandatory updates
- Volunteers are a vital resource to St. Wilfrid’s Hospice and it is the responsibility of all staff to treat them with respect and value their contribution
- Works within agreed Hospice policies, procedures and guidelines
KNOWLEDGE & SPECIFIC JOB SKILLS
- Relevant degree or fundraising qualification
- Minimum of 3 years relevant fundraising experience
- Specialist knowledge of major gift fundraising from high net worth individuals, including strategic planning and reporting
- Experience of broader fundraising disciplines, particularly corporate fundraising and trusts is desirable
- Full driving Licence and daily access to car
CORE COMPETENCIES – Level 2
- People Care
- Motivation & initiative
- Change & adaptability
- Planning & organisation
- Analysis & decision making ability
- Coaching & teamwork
Please send your completed Hospice application form and an up to date CV to:
St Wilfrid’s Hospice, Walton Lane, Bosham. West Sussex PO18 8QB
01243 755183 HRAdmin@stwh.co.uk