Housekeeper - 3 Month Fixed Term Contract
|Salary:||£9.21 per hour|
|Hours:||Full Time and Part Time hours available (Includes Weekend and Bank Holidays working)|
|End date:||31 March 2020|
Delivering and maintaining high standards of cleanliness, members of our Housekeeping team are an integral part of the Hospice, supporting our patients, visitors and staff.
Duties vary between non clinical areas ensuring offices are left clean and tidy as well as providing services to clinical teams where ward rooms are prepared to welcome a new patient and their family.
With our fantastic new purpose built Hospice, the working environment is exceptional, and as a well-respected part of our overall services, our housekeeping team find the role rewarding and valued. In addition to the specified hours of work, there may be opportunity for additional hours to accommodate flexible shift patterns.
In return to being sensitive to the needs of the whole team and supportive of other team members, we offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package which includes a generous holiday entitlement starting at 27 days per year plus bank holiday entitlement (pro-rata), generous pension scheme membership, life assurance, and a contributory cash reimbursement plan. We offer a friendly, inspiring and supportive working atmosphere with a committed team of colleagues.
To provide a high standard of cleanliness and other housekeeping services within the hospice for patients, visitors and staff.
- Work as an integral part of the housekeeping team, being sensitive to the needs of the whole team and supportive of other team members.
- Awareness of the special needs of the patients and families and seek to meet those needs as relevant to the housekeeping role.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carry out all aspect of cleaning ward area, offices and laundry services as agreed in regular and periodic cleaning and laundry schedules (including isolation procedures).
- To make sure that rooms are prepared to welcome the new patient and family. The cleaning of the vacated room is carried out in an efficient and timely manner.
- Working mainly unsupervised to deliver and maintain the necessary high standards expected.
- Recording tasks delivered and signing off the task sheet.
- Carry out cleaning duties for non clinical areas ensuring that they are left clean and tidy.
- Ensure that all housekeeping equipment is kept safe, in good order and in a hygienic manner. Report any faults promptly.
- To comply with specific health & safety guidance e.g. COSHH.
- Maintain confidentiality, particularly of patient information, at all times.
- To show respect for patient’s personal valuables and belongings.
- Replenish housekeeping stores as required.
- Assist with training of new staff as required.
- Assist with maintaining the security of the building as required through checking and locking up procedures as relevant to working hours.
- Delivers the St Wilfrid’s culture of excellence in patient and people care
- Takes responsibility for safe practice and awareness of health and safety and infection control thus ensuring that the Hospice’s exposure to risk is minimised
- Challenges self and others in the team to make continuous improvement
- Communicates clearly and regularly with their Line manager and colleagues
- Participates in the rigorous application of performance management
- Provides development training and support for self including mandatory updates
- It is the responsibility of all staff to treat volunteers with respect and value their contribution
- Works within agreed hospice policies, procedures and guidelines
KNOWLEDGE & SPECIFIC JOB SKILLS
- Previous housekeeping experience
- Good team member
- Good basic education
- Ability to use own initiative
- Ability to work flexibly
- Warm and friendly approach to the public
- People Care
- Motivation & Initiative
- Change & Adaptability
- Planning & Organisation
- Analysis & Decision Making Ability
- Coaching & Teamwork
How to Apply
An application form and full job description can be found on our website or can be requested directly from HR Administration.
Completed application forms can be supported with an up to date CV, and sent to: HR Admin, St Wilfrid’s Hospice, Walton Lane, Bosham, Chichester, West Sussex PO18 8QB
01243 755183 HRAdmin@stwh.co.uk