Fundraising & Database Assistant
|Salary:||In the region of £18,500 per annum|
|Hours:||37.5 hours per week|
|End date:||Closing Date: 29 November 2019, Interview date: 10 / 11 December 2019|
An opportunity for a Fundraising & Database Assistant has arisen within the Fundraising team.
The successful candidate will support the implementation and delivery of the Fundraising strategy and activities. Act as the key point of contact to process and record all incoming donations received by the Hospice on the Fundraising Database. Ensuring that, all personal information is handled in strict accordance to Hospice policies, HMRC regulations and Data Protection Principles.
Liaising with staff, volunteers and supporters regarding donation processing and providing fundraising support through a donor journey, including acknowledgement of enquiries by phone, written communications or face-to-face.
This role provides the ideal candidate with a practical working environment to display excellent numeracy and computer literacy skills, assist in providing support to donors and to ‘talent spot’ fundraising prospects.
As part of our committed team environment, we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes holiday entitlement starting at 27 days per year, increasing to 33 days, or a continuation of NHS entitlement plus bank holidays, a contributory pension scheme, or continuation to the NHS Superannuation Scheme, life assurance, access to complementary therapies, discounted gym membership plus a contributory cash reimbursement plan for you and family members.
- Acts as the key point of contact to process and record all incoming donations received by the Hospice on the Fundraising Database (Raisers Edge).
- Support the implementation and delivery of the Fundraising strategy and activities; taking an active role in the fundraising team.
- Be the initial point of contact for all incoming fundraising supporters; directing supporters to the relevant fundraising team member
- Manage donor relationships and provide supporter care for all donations/fundraising up to the value of £500.
- Ability to work individually and unsupervised on all common processes and as a supportive member of the team
- To provide administrative cover for the general office and reception
- To ensure that donations and income are accurately recorded, coded and allocated to the appropriate Hospice campaign, fund, appeal or package on Raisers Edge.
- To ensure that all personal information is handled in strict accordance to Hospice policies, HMRC regulations and Data Protection Principles
- People: To liaise with all levels of staff, volunteers and supporters regarding donation processing and providing fundraising support through a donor journey; including providing materials and acknowledgement of enquiries as appropriate e.g. by phone, all written communications or face-to-face.
- No direct reports.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Enters incoming donation batch information, and other identified income including Gift Aid, accurately and timely on to the Raiser’s Edge database. Liaising with Fundraising and Finance colleagues where necessary.
- Ensures that donor communication choices are accurately recorded incompliance with the Data Protection Act and the Fundraising Regulator, preparing standard and tailored acknowledgments where required.
- To input and maintain accurate and efficient electronic and paper records, coordinating paperwork storage for auditing purposes.
- Will support the Fundraising department by providing administrative support in a variety of tasks including enquiries, event promotion and data processing to all customer groups e.g. supporters, volunteers, patients and visitors. Produces statistical reports as and when requested.
- To manage donor relationships, providing support to donors, and managing online donation and sponsorship activities. With support from the Fundraising Managers, to ‘talent spot’ for fundraising prospects from the donors being managed.
- Thanking donors and resolving enquiries in an professional and timely manner
- Assist the General Office banking processes by producing weekly online giving and banking reports and is a Safe key-holder for the secure keeping of cash, documents and patients’ valuables.
- Ensures confidentiality and sensitivity in the handling of all documentation, the reproduction of information and the maintenance of records in accordance with the Data Protection Act, Charity Commission and the Institute of Fundraising codes of best practice.
- Develops and maintains a solid understanding of the work of St Wilfrid’s Hospice
The SWH Core Accountabilities:
- Delivers the St Wilfrid’s culture of excellence in patient and people care
- Contributes towards ensuring that the Hospice’s exposure to risk is minimised through safe practice and awareness of health and safety and infection control
- Challenges self and others in the team to make continuous improvement
- Communicates clearly and regularly with their Line manager and colleagues
- Participates in the rigorous application of performance management
- Provides development training and support for self-including mandatory updates
- It is the responsibility of all staff to treat volunteers with respect and value their contribution
- Works within agreed hospice policies, procedures and guidelines
KNOWLEDGE & SPECIFIC JOB SKILLS
- Minimum three years in an administration, fundraising or customer-facing environment
- Educated to A level standard or equivalent
- Comprehensive IT skills for MS Office systems and use of contact management databases, e.g. Raiser’s Edge
- Excellent interpersonal skills; good communication skills including excellent telephone skills;
- Enthusiastic and flexible with the ability to organise and prioritise workloads to maintain a high degree of accuracy
CORE COMPETENCIES (Level 1)
- People Care
- Motivation & Initiative
- Change & Adaptability
- Planning & Organisation
- Analysis & Decision Making Ability
- Coaching & Teamwork
How to apply
Please send your completed Hospice application form and an up to date CV to:
HR Admin, St Wilfrid’s Hospice, Walton Lane, Bosham, West Sussex 01243 755183 or HRAdmin@stwh.co.uk