|Salary:||£9.73 per hour|
|End date:||5pm on 18 June 2018|
An opportunity for a Finance Assistant has arisen to support the Finance Team. Reporting to the Management Accountant and assisting with a variety of financial processing tasks including income, expenditure and bank reconciliation, this role provides the ideal candidate with a practical working environment to display their excellent numeracy skills and abilities to process paperwork with speed and accuracy.
This is a varied and interesting role and would equally suit anyone wishing to pursue a career in accounts or someone with financial administrative experience.
The successful candidate will have comprehensive knowledge of MS Office packages including Excel and experience of Sage 200 is desirable but not essential. With effective communication and organisational skills you can become a supportive member of the team in a friendly, inspiring and supportive working atmosphere.
Informal enquiries are welcomed; please email firstname.lastname@example.org Management Accountant or by phone on 01243 755302.
Interviews will be held week commencing 25 June 2018
To provide support to Finance Team as and when required in a variety of disciplines i.e. processing income, expenditure, bank reconciliations, finance aspects of administering Gift Aid.
- To assist in the smooth running of the department by assisting in a variety of finance tasks.
- To ensure that any personal information is handled in strict accordance to Hospice policies, HMRC regulations and Data Protection Principles.
- To liaise with finance team, volunteers, and all departments by phone or face-to-face. External contact with Hospice suppliers and Customers.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide finance support and assistance in areas required i.e. income allocation, purchase leger, sales ledger, cash book, nominal ledger etc.
- Ensures confidentiality and sensitivity in the handling of all documentation, the reproduction of information and the maintenance of records in accordance with the Data Protection, Charity Commission and service regulations.
- Ensures that communications are accurately recorded in accordance with service standards.
- To input and maintain accurate and efficient electronic and paper records, coordinating paperwork storage for auditing purposes.
- Ensures the highest standards of confidentiality, accuracy and time bound delivery are met.
- Develops and maintains a solid understanding of the work of St Wilfrid’s Hospice to be able to provide general information.
The SWH Core Accountabilities:
- Delivers the St Wilfrid’s culture of excellence in patient and people care
- Contributes towards ensuring that the Hospice’s exposure to risk is minimised through safe practice and awareness of health and safety and infection control
- Challenges self and others in the team to make continuous improvement
- Communicates clearly and regularly with their Line manager and colleagues
- Participates in the rigorous application of performance management
- Provides development training and support for self-including mandatory updates
- It is the responsibility of all staff to treat volunteers with respect and value their contribution
- Works within agreed Hospice policies, procedures and guidelines
KNOWLEDGE & SPECIFIC JOB SKILLS
- Good education to a minimum of GCSE, including Maths
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in a Finance Office desirable
- Comprehensive knowledge of MS Office Programmes including Excel experience.
- Sage line 200 experience desirable but not essential.
- Effective communication and organisational skills
- Ability to work independently and as supportive team member
CORE COMPETENCIES – Level 1
- People Care
- Motivation & Initiative
- Change & Adaptability
- Planning & Organisation
- Analysis & Decision Making Ability
- Coaching & Teamwork
Please send your completed Hospice application form and an up to date CV to:
HR Admin, St Wilfrid’s Hospice, Grosvenor Road, Chichester, West Sussex PO19 8FP
01243 755815 HRAdmin@stwh.co.uk