E-Commerce Shop Manager
|Salary:||£10.48 per hour|
|Hours:||22.50 hours per week|
|End date:||Closing date: 31 January 2020, Interview date w/c 3 February 2020|
An opportunity has arisen to join our Retail team in the role of E-Commerce Shop Manager, reporting to the Retail Director, and working out of our Chichester Donation Centre, Terminus Road.
The successful candidate will manage and develop our online retail operation, to support the Hospice and Retail Strategy. Responsibilities include maintaining all online listings, pricing to optimise revenue, revenue reporting and managing payment systems in accordance with agreed procedures.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and organisation skills,is able to lead and work both independently and as part of a team. They will have commercial experience, preferably within retail or online, and ideally good IT skills, including being active on social media and digital channels.
The working atmosphere is inspiring, friendly, supportive and inclusive, with a commitment to our Hospice Values. The majority of our e-commerce team are, much appreciated, St Wilfrid’s Volunteers.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes; holiday entitlement starting at 27 days per year plus bank holidays (pro rata), a contributory pension scheme, or a continuation of NHS holiday entitlements and NHS Superannuation Scheme if applicable. Life assurance, access to complementary therapies, discounted gym membership plus a contributory cash reimbursement plan for you and family members.
- Responsible for the management of all online retail operations
- Line Manager responsibility for E Commerce volunteer team
- To deliver & develop our online retail operation, to support the Hospice and Retail Strategy
- Financial – Maintain all online listings, pricing to optimise revenue, revenue reporting and payment systems in accordance with agreed procedures
- Customer service-liaison with customers to offer an excellent customer experience
- People – Direct reports - Volunteer team, Key partners are all shop managers and donation centre team
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promote the St Wilfrid’s culture of excellence in patient and people care ensuring that the retail operation enhances the profile of the Hospice in the community
- Ensure that customer service is delivered to a high standard in a sensitive and professional manner both online and in person
- Responsible for the day to day running of the E Commerce Department ensuring the operation is adequately manned at all times, our online presence grows (including via social media) and income budgets are met.
- Responsible for investigating new opportunities and channels to develop our online presence and income growth
- Ensure the E Commerce operation delivers in line with relevant service levels including postage and response timescales.
- Ensure the E Commerce operation complies with relevant legislation including trading standards.
- Manage the selection, research, listing and sale of all donations identified for sale online, maintaining high presentation standards
- Ensure that data from the online systems is fully utilised and all information for listings, sales and payment (usually through Paypal) is completed and monitored.
- Manage, support and supervise all volunteers and staff, ensuring that the workload is delegated appropriately
- Participate in the recruitment and selection of volunteers for the Ecommerce Department
- Motivate and direct volunteers to ensure high standards of performance and delivery
- Provide development training and support for self and others including mandatory updates
- Provide the Retail management with relevant information to assist with annual budget preparation
- Communicates clearly and collaborates regularly with their Line Manager, Finance Department, Communications department and members of the retail team.
- Works as an integral part of the retail shops team, being supportive and sensitive to the needs of the whole team
- Supports the retail management team in ensuring the Donation Centre premises are maintained and secured to ensure the security of the building, staff, volunteers and stock.
The SWH Core Accountabilities:
- Promotes the St Wilfrid’s culture of excellence in patient and people care
- Contributes towards ensuring that the Hospice’s exposure to risk is minimised through safe practice and awareness of health and safety
- Challenges the department/service to make continuous improvement
- Contributes to reporting of progress towards meeting relevant strategic and operational goals
- Communicates clearly and regularly with their Line Manager and colleagues
- Motivates volunteers to ensure high standards of performance and delivery
- Provides development training and support for self and others including mandatory updates
- Volunteers are a vital resource to St. Wilfrid’s Hospice and it is the responsibility of all staff to treat them with respect and value their contribution
- Works within agreed Hospice policies, procedures and guidelines, and ensures team of volunteers/staff adhere to them
KNOWLEDGE & SPECIFIC JOB SKILLS
- Good general education: GCSE in Maths or English or equivalent
- IT knowledge an advantage: active in social media/digital channels, excel, word, power point
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Commercially aware, ideally with retail/online experience
- People Care
- Motivation & Initiative
- Change & Adaptability
- Planning & Organisation
- Analysis & Decision Making Ability
- Coaching & Teamwork
Please send your completed Hospice application form and up to date CV to:
HR Admin, St Wilfrid's Hospice, Walton Lane, Bosham, West Sussex, PO18 8QB, or email to HRadmin@stwh.co.uk