The Family Services Team work with patients, their relatives and the bereaved to promote resilience by identifying their strengths and supporting them with coping strategies that may help.
Hospice Visitor Volunteers help to support clients on a one-on-one basis in their own homes, or by telephone and in various group settings – both at the Hospice or whilst out walking with our “Walk & Talk” group.
We are particularly looking for volunteers to support patients approaching the end of their lives
Would you like to help the Family Services Team provide emotional support by volunteering directly with our patients and their relatives?
Successful applicants, after an informal interview will need to attend all training days which are scheduled for 2018 on:-
Wednesday 19th September
Wednesday 26th September
Tuesday 9th October
Thursday 18th October
Friday 16th November
(9.30am to 4pm, lunch provided)
Before applying please consider:
- You need to be able attend the Hospice Visitors Peer Support & Development monthly meetings, which are mandatory, on the first Wednesday of the month which are held 10 times a year. (This is the minimum supervision hours required by National Bereavement Standards).
- Attend twice yearly training mornings before the monthly meetings in April and October, covering mandatory training
- You will need basic IT skills as reports are completed and emailed to the Hospice after visiting clients
- Attend one 1-2-1 supervision meeting yearly or more regularly as required
- Hospice Visitors can donate as many hours as they feel able to
- You should not apply if you have experienced a significant bereavement within the preceding two years or if there is a serious illness of yourself or a family member at present.
Following the selection process and specified training volunteers will be informed of their acceptance to the role.
If you would like to apply to attend this course please contact the Volunteers’ Office to complete the necessary paperwork, any enquiries please do contact firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01243 755815