Please read the T&C's below before signing up
Terms & Conditions
Please click HERE to download the terms & conditions for Pirates on the Run.
- These booking terms and conditions apply to everyone who takes part in Pirates on the Run, and those who attends as spectators.
- These terms and conditions contain important information regarding participation, and upon entry you agree to and accept these terms and conditions.
- If necessary you should gain advice from your GP as to whether you are physically prepared to undertake the challenge.
- Photographs will be taken of participants throughout the event, these will be used on promotional materials. It is the participant’s responsibility to let staff know at registration if you do not want to appear in any such materials.#
Booking process, prices and payment
- The entry fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Everyone taking part in Pirates on the Run, fun run must be at least 1 year old on the day of the event. Everyone is welcome to come to the event and enjoy the other activities.
- Children aged 4 - 15 are charged a £6 for early bird booking, or £8 full entry fee after 15th July 2018. Children 3 or under are free but will not receive a t-shirt and medal. Anyone aged 16 and over will be charged an entry fee of £15 for early bird booking, or £16 entry fee after 15th July 2018.
- You are not permitted to use any of the sponsorship money that you raise in relation to Pirates on the Run to pay for your expenses. If you do not pass all of the money that you raise to St Wilfrid’s Hospice (Chichester) you may be committing a criminal offence.
- This is a fundraising event and it is hoped you will do your best to raise as much money as you can for St Wilfrid’s Hospice.
- Children aged 11 and under must take part alongside a paying adult and be accompanied throughout the event. Children aged 12-15 must have a responsible adult present throughout the event. School and youth groups who take part must have adequate supervision, 1 participating adult per group of 10.
- Whilst running through the inflatable obstacles, all children aged 5 and under must be accompanied on the inflatable by an adult who will be responsible for their safety at this point.
- People with disabilities are very welcome to take part. Due to the nature of the event, the location and some uneven terrain through the grounds, please contact the Hospice prior to booking to discuss access to all the activities on the day.
- On no account is alcohol to be brought into the event site or consumed during the event. St Wilfrid’s Hospice (Chichester) reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone under the influence of alcohol.
- Dogs are welcome to attend the Pirates on the Run but they are not able to participate in the event. Therefore we ask that you:
- Keep your pet with you at all times and on a lead
- Remove and dispose of any fouling immediately
- Prevent your dog from causing any form of nuisance or distress
- Do not leave your dog in a vehicle if the weather is mild or hot
At the point of entry and at any other time during the event we may refuse entry or ask you to leave if you do not adhere to the above. Please remember to consider the needs of your dog at events e.g. adequate water and shelter, awareness of noise and crowds.
- Shoes are allowed on the inflatables except studs and heels (anything that could puncture the inflatables). Trainers, canvas shoes or sandals should be ok, however, we reserve the right to ask any participants to take off their shoes before going on the inflatables if they will damage the equipment.
Changes to the event
- It may be necessary for reasons beyond our control to change the content and timing of the event, the date or the venue at any time prior to the event date.
- St Wilfrid's Hospice accepts no liability if the event is cancelled or postponed for reasons beyond our reasonable control resulting from an act of God, governmental regulation, fire, war, terrorist activity or civil commotion.
- St Wilfrid’s Hospice reserve the right to cancel this event at any time. In the event of this happening, sponsorship will be refunded in full.
- We will not sell or share your details with other charities or organisations(in compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998)
- At the point of registration you we will collect your communication preferences
- You can view our privacy statement online: stwh.co.uk/yourinformation
- All participants taking part in Pirates on the Run do so at their own risk. In no event shall St Wilfrid’s Hospice (Chichester) be liable for any injuries, loss or damages whatsoever, including indirect, punitive, special, incidental or consequential losses connected with any aspect of this event.
If you have any questions about Pirates on the Run please contact St Wilfrid’s Hospice on 01243 755827