Date: Thursday 4th October 2018, 9.30am – 4.30pm
Price: £180 per care home (3 members of staff) OR £80 per person, for the course and the St Christopher's Namaste Toolkit© (to include all course materials, lunch and refreshments)
Where: Education Centre, 22 Terminus Road, Chichester PO19 8TX
Suitable for Care Home Managers and staff
'Namaste' means 'to honour the spirit within' and the programme was developed by Professor Joyce Simard in the USA. It is a structured programme for advanced dementia at the end of life, based around sensory interventions, especially touch and the environment. No additional staff, space or expensive equipment is required.
This workshop is aimed at care homes and will enable you to:
- Understand the purpose of the Namaste Care Programme
- Understand the benefits of the Namaste Care Programme for people with dementia, their families and care staff
- Communicate the vision to the whole care home team
- Lead change in the way the care home team works with people with dementia and their families
- Develop a plan to implement, evaluate and sustain the Namaste Care Programme
We advise that 3 staff members for each home attend to ensure this training can be practically embedded. At least 1 of those attending (initially) should be within a management role.
Please bring a small hand towel with you.
If you’re interested in booking this course, please contact us.