|Salary:||In the region of £21,500 (Pro-rata)|
|Hours:||30 hours a week|
|End date:||5pm, 5th September 2018|
An opportunity for an experienced Administrator has arisen to support the HR Team in taking forward the implementation and delivery of the HR strategy. Acting as a first point of contact to all HR customers and providing guidance on hospice policies and processes, the role is varied to meet organisational needs.
The successful candidate will work closely with the HR Advisor to ensure an accurate and approachable HR service; with excellent HR administration practices including producing and maintaining electronic and paper employment records. The role holder will be an effective communicator, possess excellent organisational and IT skills with a pro-active can-do approach to their work.
This is an exciting time to join the Hospice as we continue to build on over 30 years of making a difference to local lives as we work towards establishing our new purpose built Hospice located in Bosham in 2019.
In addition to a competitive salary we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes a generous holiday entitlement starting at 27 days per year plus bank holiday entitlement, a contributory pension scheme, or continuation in the NHS Superannuation Scheme, life assurance, and a contributory cash reimbursement plan. We offer a friendly, inspiring and supportive working atmosphere with a committed team of colleagues.
- To act as a first point of contact for all customers to the HR team
- To complete all aspects of HR Administration to line managers and employees
- Provide guidance on the use of policies, processes and self-service systems (MyView).
- Support the HR & Payroll Manager in the implementation and delivery of the HR strategy including projects
- Ability to work individually and unsupervised on all common processes and as a supportive member of the team
- People: No direct reports, provides support to 270+ members of staff
- Work closely with the HR Advisor on all aspects of HR administration
- Review processes dedicated to providing a thorough and professional HR service
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Delivers the HR strategy that meets organisational needs and is in line with the Hospice values
- Administers all processes in relation to employment of staff including recruitment, induction and training
- Ensures that the HR service complies with recruitment practices and compliance including DBS checks and Right to Work
- Provides advice to Line Managers and Employees on general HR related queries, requests, policy and procedures, ensuring consistency and accuracy.
- Provides a pro-active approach to resolve all queries and administrative arrangements e.g. procedure, training invitations, surveys etc, escalating more complex issues and complaints to the HR Advisor or HR & Payroll Manager
- Participates in the processing and maintenance of HR information for payroll purposes ensuring all queries are resolved in an accurate and timely manner.
- Inputs and maintains accurate and efficient electronic and paper employment records
- Maintains the core HR System structure in a managed and controlled manner
- Gathers and provides data on HR Key Performance Indicators, management reports, audits and surveys as required.
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality at all times, especially when dealing with sensitive information, complying with data protection and information governance.
- Contributes to the development of guidelines for managers and employees, to ensure effective processes in all respects and that it is compliant with best practice/employment legislation
- Keeps up to date on all organisational developments and external guidelines that may have an impact on the service.
The SWH Core Accountabilities:
- Promotes the St Wilfrid’s culture of excellence in patient and people care
- Contributes to reporting of progress towards meeting relevant strategic and operational goals
- Contributes towards ensuring that the Hospice’s exposure to risk is minimised through safe practice and awareness of health and safety
- Challenges the department/service to make continuous improvement
- Communicates clearly and regularly with their Line Manager and colleagues
- Motivates volunteers to ensure high standards of performance and delivery
- Provides development training and support for self and others including mandatory updates
- Volunteers are a vital resource to St. Wilfrid’s Hospice and it is the responsibility of all staff to treat them with respect and value their contribution
- Works within agreed Hospice policies, procedures and guidelines
KNOWLEDGE & SPECIFIC JOB SKILLS
- Minimum 3 years HR and/or administrative experience
- CIPD Foundation level qualification desirable
- Comprehensive IT skills for Microsoft Office
- Able to communicate concisely, clearly and appropriately with all levels
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
CORE COMPETENCIES (Level 1)
- People Care
- Motivation & Initiative
- Change & Adaptability
- Planning & Organisation
- Analysis & Decision Making Ability
- Coaching & Teamwork
Please send your completed Hospice application form and an up to date CV to:
HR Admin, St Wilfrid’s Hospice, Grosvenor Road, Chichester, West Sussex PO19 8FP
01243 755183 HRAdmin@stwh.co.uk