Director of Fundraising & Communications
|Salary:||Within the range of £50k to £60k, depending on experience|
|Hours:||37.5 hours a week|
|End date:||8th August 2018. Interviews week commencing 20th August 2018|
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Director of Fundraising and Communications to join our productive team raising nearly £4M annually.
Reporting to the Chief Executive the successful candidate will manage a team of 10 and develop and deliver a strategic plan for fundraising, comms and marketing. As a member of the senior management team, the postholder will contribute to the effective delivery of organisational strategy for St Wilfrid’s Hospice.
We are looking for a candidate with excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills; someone who is innovative and strategic and can demonstrate:
- Operational Fundraising experience at a senior management level
- Extensive experience to provide strong and inspirational leadership to motivate the team towards continuous improvement
- A track record of achieving targets
- Accountability for the delivery of an effective media and external communication programme
You will be joining the Hospice at an exciting time in our 30 year history as we raise the remaining budget of a £15.5 million build programme for a new 18 bedded Hospice in Bosham scheduled to open in the spring of 2019. The postholder will need to work closely with our DREAMBUILDING Campaign team while keeping a focus on raising the ongoing revenue funding needed to run the Hospice annually.
In addition to a competitive salary we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes a generous holiday entitlement starting at 27 days per year plus bank holiday entitlement, a contributory pension scheme, life assurance, and a contributory cash reimbursement plan. We offer a friendly and supportive working atmosphere with a committed team of colleagues.
The role is subject to an Enhanced DBS check (Disclosure and Barring Service)
Informal enquiries are welcomed; please contact Belinda Duncan, Executive Assistant, on 01243 755804 or by email to Belinda.email@example.com to arrange to speak to Alison Moorey, Chief Executive.
- Develops and delivers a strategic plan for fundraising, communications and marketing that integrates with the broader organisational strategies of St Wilfrid’s Hospice
- Manages, leads and directs the Fundraising and Communications team, and is a member of the Management Team
- Responsible for all fundraising, communications and marketing activities including budgets, and the delivery of all strategic objectives and targets
- Responsible for all Fundraising and Communications direct reports, team members, interns and volunteers
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promotes the St Wilfrid’s culture of excellence in patient and people care
- Deputises for the Chief Executive, as required, and works with the Management Team to provide effective leadership across the organisation
- Attends meetings of the Board of Trustees and sub-committees, as required
- Works with the Voluntary Income Generation Committee to develop strategy and ensures there is a sound action plan in place to deliver the agreed aims and targets
- Ensures the Hospice’s exposure to risk is minimised and appropriate controls and processes are in place to manage the adverse impact of risk
- Challenges the organisation to make continuous improvement
- Works within agreed Hospice policies, procedures and guidelines
- Ensures appropriate presentation and reporting of progress in meeting agreed strategic and operational goals
- Leads the development of innovative fundraising initiatives that identify and maximise new opportunities and ensures these create sustainable income streams over the long term.
- Evaluates effectiveness of fundraising activities and conducts relevant market research. Oversees the ongoing development of Raisers Edge to help inform and develop income generation plans and activities
- Develops major gift programmes – including major donors, trusts and corporates - to enhance the fundraising portfolio of income generation activities
- Ensures all fundraising activities are fully compliant with legal requirements and the relevant statutory bodies.
- Ensures the hospice complies with all statutory and best practice requirements of Health and Safety for all fundraising activities
- Works with the Retail Director and the Director of the DREAMBUILDING Campaign to ensure all revenue and capital fundraising and retail activities are co-ordinated to maximise opportunities for income generation, marketing and PR
Marketing and Communications
- Is accountable for the development and delivery of an effective communications and marketing programme and is brand guardian, supporting and advising colleagues as needed.
- Oversees the development and maintenance of all digital marketing and social media for the organisation
- Liaises with Head of Finance to ensure efficient and effective budget management and communication of charitable fundraising activities
- Leads, builds and motivates the Fundraising and Communications team, providing strong staff leadership and management and overseeing development and training, to enable individuals to reach their full potential.
- Maximises the use of volunteers in all aspects of fundraising and communications and manages relationships with Patrons and Vice Presidents.
- Stretches and develops the capability of the team through rigorous application of performance management
- Motivates and directs both staff and volunteers to ensure high standards of performance and delivery
- Provides development training and support for self and others
Knowledge and Specific Job Skills
- Fundraising experience at a senior management level
- Extensive practical experience at a senior level of developing the skills of a team
- Experience of successful delivery against targets
- Excellent communication and networking skills
- Qualification in relevant subject to degree level or equivalent experience
- Car driver and regular access to own car
Core Competencies (Level 3)
- People Care
- Motivation & Initiative
- Change & Adaptability
- Planning & Organisation
- Analysis & Decision Making Ability
- Coaching & Teamwork
Please send your completed Hospice application form and an up to date CV to:
HR Admin, St Wilfrid’s Hospice, Grosvenor Road, Chichester, West Sussex PO19 8FP. 01243 755815 HRAdmin@stwh.co.uk