|Salary:||Up to £27,900 depending on experience|
|Hours:||37.5 hours per week|
|End date:||5pm on 21st November 2018|
Are you an experienced Communications specialist who is passionate about hospice care and your local community? We need you to manage our marketing and communications work, helping promote understanding of hospice care and our services, and build support for our many exciting fundraising events each year.
Reporting to the Director of Fundraising and Communications, you will work closely with colleagues in that team and with other staff and committees. You will have a strong track record in developing and implementing marketing strategies and will be able to apply this to our fundraising events, patient services and education courses.
You’ll have 3+ years relevant experience and be used to working at a fast and effective pace. You’ll be confident managing the design and production of materials for print and digital, as well as being able to write compelling copy for different audiences and in different mediums. You will also have been responsible for successfully securing media coverage across all channels and be buzzing with ideas for how you can do the same for St Wilfrid’s.
As part of our committed team environment, we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes holiday entitlement starting at 27 days per year, increasing to 33 days, plus bank holidays, a contributory pension scheme, or continuation to the NHS Superannuation Scheme, life assurance, access to complementary therapies, discounted gym membership plus a contributory cash reimbursement plan for you and family members.
Please note that due to patient contact the role is subject to a standard DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) Check.
- To develop, evaluate and implement marketing plans and communications projects
- Commission, write, edit and proof read internal and external publications for patient/client leaflets and income generation activity across Fundraising, Education and Retail.
- To organise and monitor all media activity across the organisation providing Marketing and Communications advice to managers, staff and committees.
- With the Director, act as the Hospice Brand Guardian, ensuring that all materials conform to an organisation standard and format
- Cross-organisational scope, with regular contact with colleagues, volunteers and supporters from all areas, patients and their families and external partners, via email, phone, or face-to-face.
- Engagement with media outlets – print, broadcast and digital
- Print, production, digital marketing strategy and management planning
- Day to Day Supervision of volunteers and interns where appropriate
- Ability to work individually and unsupervised as a supportive member of the team
- Budget planning and reporting
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To lead the development and implementation of the Marketing & Communications strategy and annual plans, working with colleagues across the organisation to ensure that organisational objectives are being met and opportunities such as Hospice Care Week are maximised, including e.g. promotion of fundraising events or raising profile of St Wilfrid’s work in the community.
- To develop, monitor and review the Communications budget, ensuring all activities are delivered within budget.
- To ensure all Marketing & Communications activity is monitored and evaluated against agreed objectives.
- To take a lead on the development and production of all fundraising, marketing and information collateral, including annual report and newsletter, and act as central point for the design, presentation and accuracy of them, for print and digital
- To stay aware of the changing face of Marketing & Communications staying well informed of updates and developments that could be opportunities or threats; and explore new marketing channels To ensure compliance with the branding and communication messages by colleagues across the Hospice.
- To research and write compelling case studies based on all aspects of St Wilfrid’s work
- Manage and maintain the cataloguing of photographs, testimonials and case studies ensuring that written permission has been obtained to maintain compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations
- Manage the website, including relationships with external suppliers and plans and further develop the functionality, creative design and content for the site.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key media contacts across print, broadcast and digital Assist colleagues to identify and maximise PR opportunities, generating and placing news stories
- Develop and maintain a solid understanding of the work of St Wilfrid’s Hospice
- Be an active member of the FR & Comms team, supporting events on the day, dealing with enquiries from supporters etc.
- Develop and manage internal communications activities that involve, engage and inform staff across the organisation
- Recruiting and supervising marketing volunteers or interns as needed.
The SWH Core Accountabilities:
- Promotes the St Wilfrid’s culture of excellence in patient and people care
- Contributes to reporting of progress towards meeting relevant strategic and operational goals
- Contributes towards ensuring that the Hospice’s exposure to risk is minimised through safe practice and awareness of health and safety
- Challenges the department/service to make continuous improvement
- Communicates clearly and regularly with their Line Manager and colleagues
- Motivates volunteers to ensure high standards of performance and delivery
- Provides development training and support for self and others including mandatory updates
- Volunteers are a vital resource to St. Wilfrid’s Hospice and it is the responsibility of all staff to treat them with respect and value their contribution
- Works within agreed Hospice policies, procedures and guidelines
KNOWLEDGE & SPECIFIC JOB SKILLS
- Relevant degree or marketing/ communications qualification
- Minimum of 3 years relevant Marketing & Communications experience
- Developing and implementing marketing activities across all channels
- Working knowledge of using social media, excellent communication, copy-writing, project management and time management skills
- Full driving Licence and daily access to car
CORE COMPETENCIES (Level 2)
- People Care
- Motivation & Initiative
- Change & Adaptability
- Planning & Organisation
- Analysis & Decision Making Ability
- Coaching & Teamwork
Please send your completed Hospice application form and an up to date CV to:
HR Admin, St Wilfrid’s Hospice, Grosvenor Road, Chichester, West Sussex PO19 8FP or by email to: HRAdmin@stwh.co.uk Informal enquiries are welcomed; please contact HR Admin on 01243 755183