Clinical Administration Secretary (1)
|Salary:||£9.73 per hour|
|Hours:||15 hours per week, over 2 days|
|End date:||5pm, Thursday 19th July 2018. Interviews to be held on 25th and 31st July 2018|
To provide full secretarial and administrative support to the Clinical team ensuring all patient related information including new patient referrals are maintained accurately on SystmOne.
The successful applicant must be able to transcribe from audio dictation and process correspondence to a high accurate standard, good knowledge of medical terminology would be beneficial. Clinical Secretaries are also required to take minutes at clinical team meetings, attend the weekly Multi-Disciplinary team meetings transcribing clinical summaries onto SystmOne.
In addition to a competitive salary we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes a generous holiday entitlement starting at 27 days per year plus bank holiday entitlement (pro-rata), a contributory pension scheme, or continuation to the NHS Superannuation Scheme, life assurance, and a contributory cash reimbursement plan. We offer a friendly, challenging, yet supportive working atmosphere with a committed team of colleagues.
- To provide full clinical support to all clinical teams
- To ensure patient related information is maintained and updated at all times
- To process all new referrals and deceased patients from S1 Electronic database for all clinical teams
- To provide secretarial and administration support to all clinical teams
- Involved with volunteers and bank staff regarding all day to day activities for all clinical teams
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure complex and sensitive issues arising from patient and clinical enquiries, along with other health care professionals are dealt with appropriately at all times
- To process all referrals, liaising with GP’s, and hospital consultants, providing relevant information concerning the referral process
- Ensure high standards of confidentiality, accuracy and time bound delivery are constantly met
- Transcribe and process correspondence to the required presentation levels, eg audio dictation, knowledge of medical terminology, reports, forms and managerial correspondence
- Enabling others to use appropriate software packages by keeping abreast of any IT changes through attendance at working groups as required.
- Supporting staff in use of clinical database ( S1)
- Attend weekly MDT meetings and Clinical admin team meetings; transcribe minutes and clinical summaries onto clinical database as required.
- Access clinical test results from other hospitals / agencies when required.
- Scan documents into clinical database
- Collection and input of statistical data for audit and production of reports as required.
- Maintain a system for consultant committees, MDT meetings, and caseload reviews
- Responsible for servicing meeting and attending meetings, including minute taking, booking venues and hospitality
- All minutes being typed in a timely manner
- Plan and organise specific events for the clinical team, including orientation programmes, study days ,patient visit records
- Co-ordinating Clinical admin staffing, including bank cover levels as required
- Assessing administration and equipment stock levels, order as required
The SWH Core Accountabilities:
- Delivers the St Wilfrid’s culture of excellence in patient and people care
- Contributes towards ensuring that the Hospice’s exposure to risk is minimised through safe practice and awareness of health and safety and infection control
- Challenges self and others in the team to make continuous improvement
- Communicates clearly and regularly with their Line manager and colleagues
- Participates in the rigorous application of performance management
- Provides development training and support for self-including mandatory updates
- It is the responsibility of all staff to treat volunteers with respect and value their contribution
- Works within agreed hospice policies, procedures and guidelines
KNOWLEDGE & SPECIFIC JOB SKILLS
- OCR / RSA Level 3
- 2 years medical secretary experience preferred but not essential
- Knowledge of full range of secretarial procedures, software programmes
- Audio typing, IT skills and knowledge of clinical databases
- Shorthand preferable
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
CORE COMPETENCIES – Level 1
- People Care
- Motivation & Initiative
- Change & Adaptability
- Planning & Organisation
- Analysis & Decision Making Ability
- Coaching & Teamwork
Please send your completed Hospice application form and an up to date CV to:
HR Admin, St Wilfrid’s Hospice, Grosvenor Road, Chichester, West Sussex PO19 8FP. 01243 755183 HRAdmin@stwh.co.uk